The JBL Control 26C is a powerful ceiling loudspeaker housing a coaxially mounted 6.5” woofer and 3/4” titanium-coated tweeter that can deliver maximum sound levels over a wide coverage area. Ideal for applications that require high fidelity sound from ceiling loudspeakers, the Control 26C offers high power handling, wide frequency response and low distortion. Pumping out premium performance in background and foreground music, the Control 26C is popular for hotels, casinos, restaurants, and more.
A 16 ohm impedance lets you use multiple speakers in parallel without needing a constant voltage distributed system. SonicGuard overload protection (exclusive to JBL) offers protection to improve reliability without interacting with the speaker’s full fidelity sound. Computer-optimized ported enclosure delivers smooth and warm bass response; further augment this bass response by adding a JBL Control Contractor subwoofer.
The Control 26C’s 6.5” woofer has a polyurethane-coated cone and pure butyl rubber surround to ensure long life even in humid environments. An aluminum voice coil former offers additional cooling for better long-term power handling.
Enjoy crisp, clear highs from the coaxially mounted 3/4” titanium coated tweeter. Diffraction-loading of the tweeter provides wide, even coverage over the listening area, and a broad 110° coverage pattern means you can use fewer speakers to cover the same space.
Various connections are provided on the Control 26C. Its input connection is housed on a removable locking connector to provide a secure connection via screw-down terminals; this allows the system to be prewired before installing the speaker. Its easy to jumper the speaker signal to additional speakers with separate connector terminals available for the input and for the loop-through wires.
Installation is quick and easy and can be done without access above the ceiling. Included tools make installation easier, with a template to mark the cutout, a C-shaped support backing plate to reinforce ceiling material, and bridge rails.
Pair the Control 26C with other JBL Control speakers. All models in the Control Contractor series are designed with a similar sonic signature, making them perfect for combining different speakers within the same application while maintaining the same tonal character throughout the listening area.
JBL Control 26C Features
- Priced individually, sold in quantities of 2
- Nominal Impedance 16 ohms (Min Z: 16.5 Ω @ 290 Hz)
- Coaxially mounted 165 mm (6.5 in) woofer with butyl rubber surround and 19 mm (3/4 in) titanium coated diffraction-loaded tweeter
- High power, wide frequency response and low distortion for high sound level capability
- Wide coverage allows fewer speakers, reducing the cost of the installed sound system without sacrificing performance
- JBL's exclusive SonicGuardTM overload protection allows higher operational levels and improved system reliability
- Packaged with grille, backcan and tile rails for fast installation and easy dealer stocking
- Control 26C Ceiling Speaker1
- C-shaped support backing plate 2 tile support rails (fits both 2 x 4 ft or 600 x 1200 mm tiles) 1
- Cutout template Paint shield Removable locking wiring connector1
- Frequency Range 75 Hz - 20 kHz
- Power Rating
- IEC System Long-Term Ratings (low-Z direct):
- 150 Watts Continuous Program Power
- 75 Watts Continuous Pink Noise (150W peak), 100 hrs
- Nominal Sensitivity 89 dB, 1m/1 W
- Coverage Angle 110° conical
- Directivity Index (DI) 4.6 averaged 500 Hz to 4 KHz
- Impedance 16 ohms
- Maximum SPL (1m) 107 dB (low-impedance, 113 dB peak)
- LF Driver: 165 mm (6.5 in)
- HF Driver: 19 mm (¾ in)
- Terminations Removable 4-pin locking connector with screw-down terminals.
- Dimensions (H x Dia) 210 mm x 252 mm (8.3 in x 9.9 in)
- Net Weight (each) 2.7 kg (6 lbs)
- Shipping Weight (pair) 6.4 kg (15 lbs)
- Sensitivity 89 dB (100 Hz - 10 kHz)
- Color White
- Safety Agency Suitable for use in air handling spaces per UL1480, UL2043, NFPA90 & NFPA 70. S7232/UL Listed, Signaling Speaker. Transformer UL registered per UL1876. In accordance with IEC60849/EN60849.
- Backcan formed steel (included "blind-mount")
- Baffle/Rim Medium impact polystyrene, fire rated UL94V-0
- Ceiling Cutout Size 220 mm (8.75 in) diameter (cardboard cutout template included)
- Plenum Usage Yes, backcan included