The WL2082-i-BK from QSC is a wide-line array speaker. Using a pair of high-power, neodymium magnet, 8" diameter low-frequency drivers, both woofers in the WL2082-i-BK produce low frequencies, while only one covers the mid-range, producing uniform directivity in the crossover region. Meanwhile, a pair of 1.75" (voice coil diameter) neodymium compression drivers are mounted on a multiple aperture diffraction waveguide, contributing to the speaker’s high end and offering 140º coverage across your listening area.
A WL2082-i system may be used in bi-amplified or tri-amplified mode. The tri-amplified mode usually produces the best performance and, for arrays larger than four boxes, will not increase the total cost of system amplification.
The speaker’s enclosure is made of high-impact polystyrene, and internal ribs eliminate acoustic losses due to sidewall flex. Part of the ILA family of installed line arrays, the WL2082-i-BK may be used outside if it’s not directly exposed to the elements. Contributing to its rugged durability, the enclosure material includes UV inhibitors, its grille is made of aluminum, and the woofer cones are weather-resistant.
The low-frequency capability of a WL2082-i array extends to 68 Hz (-10 dB); adequate for speech/vocal and acoustic music program material. For reinforcement of program material with more demanding low-frequency content, the WL118-sw companion subwoofer is available.
More about QSC’s ILA Series
QSC’s Installation Line Array (ILA) system is designed specifically for permanent installations that demand high performance and ease of setup at a moderate cost. ILA is ideal for myriad environments, such as clubs and other entertainment venues, houses of worship, and sports facilities. The focus on installation applications allows ILA to be specifically designed with molded enclosures and simplified rigging—all without losing the sound quality, coverage, and power enjoyed by more expensive touring rigs.
The ILA System v2 is comprised of line array, subwoofer, processing, amplification, and suspension accessories. Rigging is streamlined and versatile, providing a 10:1 design factor with twelve WL2082-i systems in the array. ILA is also designed to meet the needs of outdoor applications as long as the system components aren’t directly exposed to the elements. The relative angle between adjacent boxes is adjustable in 1º increments, enabling you to precisely position your line array to achieve optimal vertical coverage.
Note: For those who prefer quick-release pins to the bolts included with ILA components, an optional kit of 4 quick-release pins (QRP-KIT-1) is sold separately.
QSC WL2082-i-BK Features
- Installation-optimized design brings affordable and uncompromised line array performance to a broader range of venues
- Compact and attractive appearance, available in black and white, harmonizes with any installation environment
- Wide 140° horizontal coverage
- Economical and easy-to-install suspension system with ample array adjustability
- WL2082-i-BK Wide Line Array Speaker1
- Configuration2½ way, biamp or triamp
- High Frequency: Dual 50 W 8Ω 1-inch exit, 1.75-inch titanium diaphragm, neodymium magnet assembly
- Low Frequency: Dual 200 W 16Ω 8-inch woofers, 2-inch voice coils, neodymium magnet assemblies, weather resistant cone
- Frequency Response (±3 dB)80 Hz - 20 kHz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)68 Hz - 22 kHz
- Nominal Impedance
- HF: 16Ω
- LF biamp mode: 8Ω
- LF triamp mode: 16Ω (×2)
- HF: 106 dB
- LF: 97 dB
- (4 V @ 1 m)
- Continuous Power Capacity 
- HF: 100 W
- LF biamp mode: 400 W
- LF triamp mode: 200 W (×2)
- Recommended Power
- HF: 200 W
- LF biamp mode: 800 W
- LF triamp mode: 400 W (×2)
- Maximum Output (dB SPL at 1 m) Continuous / Peak
- HF: 126 dB / 132 dB
- LF: 122 dB / 128 dB
- Nominal Coverage
- Horizontal 140 degrees
- Vertical: dependent on number of elements used
- Cabinet TypePorted, elliptical / trapezoidal
- Enclosure MaterialHIPS (high impact polystyrene) with UV protectant
- FinishAvailable in black (WL2082-i BLK) or white (WL2082-i WHT) paintable
- GrillePerforated, formed aluminum
- Connectors2 x NL-8 in parallel
- Attachment PointsIntegral, side plate adjustable rigging system, vertical splay adjustable in 1° increments from 0° - 10°
- Dimensions (HxWxD)11.8x27x13.4 (300x686x340mm)
- Net: 37 lbs (16.8 kg)
- Shipping: 45 lbs (20.45 kg)