Ideal for home and studio applications, the AT2020 from Audio-Technica is a versatile side-address studio condenser microphone that combines quality with affordability. Offering crystal-clear communication, this is a great solution for miking applications for content creators of all kinds, from musicians and singer/songwriters to podcasters, social media influencers, or gamers who want to get a professional sound out of their recordings and live streams.
Get unmatched sound quality and reliable performance with the professional-caliber AT2020. This mic’s cardioid polar pattern minimizes the pickup of unwanted noise from the sides and rear, enhancing isolation of the sound source you want to capture.
Featuring a custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm perfect for extended frequency response and superior transient response, this mic is ruggedly built to handle high sound pressure levels (144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.) as well as a wide dynamic range (124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL), delivering studio-quality audio with minimal vocal pops or plosives.
The AT2020 cardioid condenser microphone comes with a stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands, a 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter, and an R7 soft protective pouch for secure transportation and safe storage.
Audio-Technica AT2020 Features
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
- AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone1
- Stand mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- 5/8"-27 to 3/8"-16 threaded adapter1
- R7 Soft Protective Pouch1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-37 dBV/Pa (14.1 mV)
- Maximum Input Sound Level 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D
- Noise20 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range124 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions6.38" (162.0 mm) long, 2.05" (52.0 mm) maximum body diameter
- Weight12.1 oz (345 g)