Combining audio excellence with affordability, the AT4041 Cardioid Condenser Microphone from Audio-Technica is a premium electret condenser mic that features a smooth, extended frequency response (20-20,000 Hz) with a slight rise in the high-frequency region. Its cardioid polar pattern helps focus which sound is captured by the mic, reducing noise pickup from the back and sides so you can confidently catch all the sound you want while minimizing the noise you don’t.
The AT4041’s transformerless circuitry eliminates low-frequency distortion, enables superior handling of sound pressure levels (SPL) and high-speed transients. Its low-mass diaphragm helps improve transient response, increases response bandwidth, and minimizes the pick-up of background noise from handling or mechanical noise transfer. This mic also features a switchable high-pass filter.
Boasting turned brass housing with black chrome plating, the rugged AT4041 is built for durability and low reflectivity, while its permanently polarized condenser element back plate holds a fixed charge and has been precision-aged to provide energy stabilization. The backplate also functions to reduce frequency response peaks and diaphragm break-up distortion.
This premium mic has been specifically engineered for applications that require critical acoustic quality such as professional studio recordings, broadcasts, and live performances. Such applications include miking drum overheads, acoustic guitars, pianos, horns, and under snares. This mic also comes with a custom AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands that further enhances sound isolation, an AT8159 windscreen for minimizing wind and vocal pops, and a protective carrying case for secure transportation and safe storage.
Audio-Technica AT4041 Features
- Smooth, extended frequency response with a slight rise occurring in the high-frequency region
- Ideal for drum overheads, acoustic guitar, piano, horns and under snare
- Low-mass diaphragm improves transient response, increases response bandwidth, and reduces self-noise
- Transformerless circuitry minimizes low-frequency distortion
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable hi-pass filter and rugged turned-brass microphone housing
- AT4041 Cardioid Condenser Microphone1
- AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- AT8159 Windscreen1
- S1 Protective Carrying Case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity-36 dBV/Pa (15.8 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range121 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratioo 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements48V DC, 3.2 mA typical
- SwitchesFlat, roll-off
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions6.28" (159.5 mm) long, 0.83" (21 mm) body diameter
- Weight4.2 oz (120 g)