Powerful, reliable, and affordable, the XLi 1500 2-Channel 450W Power Amplifier from Crown is ideal for portable PA.
More about Crown’s XLi Power Amplifiers
Building on a decades-long legacy of experience, Crown Audio produces amplifiers for a wide range of electronic signal boosting needs, including cinema venues, installed sites, touring rigs, portable PA, and commercial audio. With a focus on constant innovation in their designs that perfectly pairs with their commitment to providing the best user experience for their customers, Crown strives to continually exceed specifications and expectations for even the most demanding applications.
With their XLi series, Crown delivers quality power amplification for projects on a budget. Power amplifiers increase low-powered audio signals, such as those from microphones, instruments, loudspeakers, or headphones. The uses for power amplifiers are highly versatile—they can be beneficial pretty much wherever you have a low-level audio signal that needs a boost. This includes sound reinforcement, live concerts, entertainment and special events, portable PA, home audio (theater, studio, office), or instrumental performances.
The models in this power amplifier series are powerful, rugged, and reliable, making them a great choice for musicians, DJs, and entertainers as well as houses of worship, discos, and pubs. All models share identical specifications, differing only in output power levels. Choose from a variety of power amplifier models to meet specific wattage or channel configuration requirements for your particular project.
The XLi series features RCA and XLR inputs, user selectable input sensitivity of 0.755V or 1.4V, Speakon® and binding post outputs, stereo/parallel/bridge-mono mode, efficient forced-air cooling against air buildup, two level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal presence, clip and fault for each channel. They’re designed to protect against shorts, no-load, on/off thumps, and radio-frequency interference.
Crown XLi 1500 Features
- Stereo/parallel/bridge-mono mode
- User selectable input sensitivity - 0.775V and 1.4V
- Electronically balanced RCA & XLR inputs; binding post and Speakon® outputs
- Efficient forced-air cooling prevents excessive thermal buildup
- Two level controls, power switch, power LED, and six LEDs which indicate signal presence, clip and fault for each channel
- Protection against shorts, no-load, on/off thumps and radio-frequency interference
- XLi 1500 power amplifier1
- Frequency response20 Hz - 20 kHz, +0/-1 dB (at 1 watt)
- THD<0.5%, 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Intermodulation distortion=/ <0.35% (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1 from full rated ouput to -30 dB)
- Slew rate>10V/us
- Voltage gain31 dB
- Damping factor>200 (8 ohms, 10 Hz to 400 Hz)
- Signal to noise ratio (A-weighted)>100 dB
- Crosstalk (below rated power) 20Hz to 1kHz-75 dB, -59 dB
- Input sensitivity0.775V or 1.4V (for full rated power at 8 ohms)
- Input impedance20kΩ (nominal balanced), 10kΩ (unbalanced)
- AC line voltage and frequency configurations available(+10%) 120V~60 Hz; 220V~50/60 Hz; 230-240V~50/60 Hz
- IEC power connector15A
- Dimensions19" x 3.5" x 12.4"
- Weight28 pounds (12.7 kg)