This expander features a low latency, fault tolerant digital audio bus of 256 channels which uses standard Category 5e cabling giving a distance of 100m between compatible devices. The BSS Audio MC-1 fiber optic media converter can be used to increase the distance between devices to over 10km (6.2 miles) using single mode fiber.
The BLU-BIB input channels are easily configured by six DIP switches located on the rear of the device, which select consecutive channels in groups of eight. This simple configuration allows assignment to any 8-channel range within the 256 channels available on the digital audio bus. Input channel assignments are configured by DIP switch selection only. The BLU-BIB is not configured by HiQnet London Architect. Each channel’s input gain and Phantom Power are adjusted using buttons on the front panel.
BSS BLU-BIB Features
- 8 Analog Audio Inputs
- Standard Terminal Block Connectors for Analog Audio Connections
- DIP Switches for Channel Range Selection
- Front Panel Input Gain and Phantom Power Control
- Front Panel Lockout for Tamper-Free Operation
- Front Panel “Stealth” Mode for Inconspicuous Operation
- 256 Channel, Low Latency, Fault Tolerant Digital Audio Bus
- Clear Front Panel LED Indication
- 12VDC External Power included
- Terminal Block Connectors for Power Connection
- Half Rack Width, Desk Mount or Wall Mount Chassis (BLU-BOB1)
- 1U Rack-Mount Kit available separately