Optimize your instrument’s music with the e 908 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone. This member of Sennheiser’s renowned Evolution series of audio gear is a professional gooseneck mic that delivers superb definition and an exceptionally clear, vivacious sound.
Featuring a long-necked, flexible boom, the e 908 is designed to be simple to use and easy to set up. This makes it a great choice for miking wind instruments, congas, drums, and other instruments that require the ability to precisely place your microphone to capture optimal sound quality.
The e 908 comes with an integrated shock absorber that helps eliminate handling noise. It also boasts reduced sensitivity for high SPL brass instruments. Rounding out its fantastic features are phantom power and level check.
Two variations of this microphone are offered:
- The e 908 B model is ideal for miking wind instruments, congas, and drums using a free-floating suspension system. Features an intelligent MZA 900 P in-line-preamp
- The e 908 B ew is a wireless model ideal for miking saxophones that are using an evolution wireless instrument transmitter
Included in the box with the e 908 is a microphone clamp for easy and secure placement, a user manual, and a pouch for safe storage and easy transportation.
More about Sennheiser's Evolution microphone series
Sennheiser’s Evolution microphones are defined by impressive sound, precision focus, and extreme ruggedness. Built on the legacy of renowned German engineering, Evolution is the culmination of Sennheiser’s expert engineers, countless tests, and meticulous manufacturing standards—all with the goal of producing quality gear that provides perfect live sound.
The Evolution wired 900 series is designed as a harmonically calibrated family that delivers both high-quality audio and rugged reliability. This uncompromising stage equipment is made with audio professionals in mind.
Sennheiser e 908 Features
- Exceptionally lively, clear sound
- Quick and flexible setup
- Optimal positioning with long-necked, flexible boom
- Integrated shock absorber eliminates handling noise
- Reduced sensitivity for high SPL brass instruments
- e 908 Cardioid Condenser Instrument Microphone1
- Microphone Clamp1
- MZA 900 P in-line-preamp (e 908 B and 908 D only)1
- User Manual1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance100 ohms
- Sensitivity in free field, no load (1kHz)4 mV/Pa, 0,56mV/Pa (e 908T-ew)
- Equivalent noise level
- 35 dB(A)
- 30 dB(A)
- 39 dB(A)
- Phantom powering12 - 48 V / 3 mA (e908B & e908D)
- Maximum SPL (active)e908B-ew = 30 dB(A); e908B & e908D = 35 dB(A), e908T-ew = 39 dB (A) (equi) / 147 dB (max)
- Connector e 908 B & D = XLR-3; e908 B ew & T ew = 3,5mm mini jack
- DimensionsØ 47 x 193 mm
- Weightca. 140 g