The ClearSonic IPA IsoPac A Isolation Drum Booth Package creates a more ideal acoustic space wherever you are, so you can spend less time worrying about acoustics and more time getting great sounding mixes. Clearsonic isolation booths are the perfect solution to cut down on microphone bleed and environmental noise to achieve quieter volume levels and better mixes for home and studio recording, House of Worship services, and live music venue performances. In addition to drums, they work great for guitar, horn, voice, or any sound source.
The IsoPac A has the largest footprint of any isolation booth we offer and offers substantial sound isolation and volume reduction. Just take a step inside and you will hear and feel the difference. This is achieved by surrounding your drum kit or other sound source with a drum shield and extensive acoustic treatment. The drum shield acts as a sound barrier reflecting sound back into the booth where it can be absorbed by the S2224, S2466x2, and SL8466 Sorber sound absorption baffles. Getting in/out is easy – the entry point is on the left or right side where the rear S2466x2 Sorber baffles butt up against the front A2466x7 drum shield, allowing either end panel of the S2466x2 Sorber baffles to act as a door.
All ClearSonic isolation booths are modular, portable, and feature full-length, flexible, yet robust plastic hinges that utilize our ‘tooth in groove’ mechanical lock to securely snap into place for a firm connection between panels, sound absorbing Sorber baffles, and the highest quality ¼” thick acrylic material to provide a booth that is functional, stable, and aesthetically pleasing.
Please note that all ClearSonicbooths have a gap in the rear to promote air circulation and are not 'airtight' or 100% isolated. There is about 3-4’ of open space around the rear of the booth to allow for air exchange. If desired, extra pieces can be purchased to further close this gap and provide maximum isolation.
ClearSonic IPA IsoPac A Features
- Modular and expandable if more room is ever needed
- Great for studio, stage, and House of worship
- Best solution when maximum space is critical
- Cuts down on mic bleed and gives soundperson greater control over the mix
- The front A2466x7 acrylic drum shield, rear S2466x2 free-standing Sorber baffles, top SL8466 Sorber Lid baffles, and inner S2224 Sorber baffles offer extensive sound isolation and absorption
- 128 square feet of sound absorbing Sorber baffles provide exceptional volume reduction of 50-60%
- Cable cutouts allow for easy cable routing to your gear
- 12” H Acrylic Drum Shield Height Extender provides an ample 6.5’ of headroom
- A2466x7 – 7- panel acrylic drum shield, each panel measures 24” W x 66” H1
- AX2412x7 – 7-panel, 12” H acrylic drum shield height extender, provides 6.5’ headroom1
- S2466x2 – free-standing, 2-section rear Sorber sound absorption baffle, each panel measures 24” W x 66” H1
- S2224 - 22” W x 24” H Sorber sound absorption baffles1
- SL8466 - 84” W x 66”L Sorber sound absorption Lid with aluminum telescoping support bars1
- FAN – 6” clip-on fan with two speeds1
- Acrylic Drum Shield Features
- Routered edges – provide clean and smooth edge that won’t cut your hands.
- ¼” thick acrylic material – provides durability for transporting panels. Creates acoustic separation between instruments on stage or in the studio to cut down on mic bleeding and allows everyone to hear themselves and the mix better. Adds stability that allows for modular set up to support acrylic height extenders and Sorber baffles on top, such as a LidPac, and attachment of Sorber panels, such as the S2224, directly to the acrylic panels with adhesive-backed Velcro.
- Cable cut-outs – allows space where each panel meets at the bottom for routing/organizing cables for microphones or any wired gear. Also allows less sound to escape compared to mouse hole cutouts.
- Hinge Features
- Full-length – our hinges run the full length of each acrylic panel. This extra coverage provides superior sound isolation compared to competitors whose hinges leave exposed seams between panels for sound to escape.
- Tooth in groove mechanical lock – the hinge tooth locks into the groove cut into each acrylic panel for superior connection and longer life, especially compared to Friction hinge.
- Low profile – allows for better aesthetics as hinge blends into the shield better.
- Flexibility – hinge bends 180 degrees in one direction and 90 degrees in the other allowing for accordion style folding. This makes it easier to ship, store, and transport, and allows for a more customized shield footprint.
- Sorber Features
- Proprietary 1.6” thick rigid fiberglass core - provides superior sound absorption compared to acoustic foam and other fiberglass baffles. Allows panels to free stand (S2466x2) or lay on top of an acrylic shield (LidPacs).
- Velcro-receptive acoustic fabric jacket – provides another layer of sound absorption and allows Sorber baffles to attach to acrylic material or other Sorber baffles with Velcro.
- Sewn seams – fabric jacket fully covers inner fiberglass. No glue is used and there is no exposed fiberglass.
- DimensionsVariable footprint of about 7’ W x 9’ D x 6.5’ H - 50-60% perceived volume reduction