The TASCAM MX-8A is a Matrix Mixer equipped with 8 mic / line inputs and 8 line outputs as well as integrated DSP for audio optimization in various environments and configurations. Custom control apps are also available to allow easy setup and adjustment by both system integrators and end users.
Source selection, volume adjustment, and mute functions can be remotely changed with the external wall-mount programmable controllers RC-W100-R120 and RC-W100-R86. Both controllers are equipped with one LCD display, an encoder and 4 switches. Up to 8 units of RC-W100-R120 or RC-W100-R86 can be installed with one TASCAM MX-8A.
* RC-W100-R120 and RC-W100-R86 are optional accessories, sold separately.
The TASCAM MX-8A is possible to mix mic and playback equipment audio signals into 8 different zones. This function can be used in installation systems for small to medium scale stores, restaurants or banquet rooms, etc.
The onboard DSP provides a full set of audio processing for mic and line inputs including Compressor, 4 parametric EQ, auto level, ducking and more. On line level outputs, the DSP delivers 10 band EQ, high pass filters, low pass filters, delay and limiter effects.
Tascam MX-8A Features
- 8-channel mic / line input with phantom power (+48v) support
- Supports remote mic gain control
- 8 line output
- Equipped with Euroblock connectors for signal input / output
- Compatible with external software (Windows / macOS / Android / iOS) for audio playback / recording via USB audio interface function
- Includes a variety of DSP functions for optimal use in different scenes / environments
- Flexible scene preset function allows recall of a variety of configurations (Up to 50 presets)
- Timer event function allows to automatically switch scenes at a specified time (planned to be compatible on a future version update)
- Equipped with a RS-232C connector to support serial remote control systems
- Equipped with an RS-485 connector for dedicated wall-mount programmable controller RC-W100-R120 / RC-W100-R86 (optional accessories, sold separately) enabling source selection and volume adjustment.
- Supports remote control via Ethernet
- 1U rack-mountable size
- Installed indicators display operating status and control software connection status
- 2 types of user control software available for Windows / Mac / iOS / Android devices:
- TASCAM MX CONNECT (For integrators); Input / output routing selection, DSP / design / scene settings of the complete system, etc.
- TASCAM EZ CONNECT (For end-users); Simple app design with only the necessary functions such as area volume settings, etc.
- MX-8A 8 In/8 Out Matrix Mixer with DSP1
- Power cord1
- Euroblock plug16
- Cable band kit 1
- Rackmount screw kit 1
- Owner's Manual (including warranty)1