Exceptionally high quality transducers provide wide smooth frequency response, reducing the onset of ear fatigue for any who spend many hours wearing headsets. Deep, comfortable ear cushions have excellent external noise exclusion characteristics. Weighing only 15.3 oz the DMH920 is much lighter than its appearance suggests. The noise-canceling microphone is mounted on a flexible, steel reinforced boom which can be bent for optimum positioning. The boom swings out of the way when required and shuts the microphone off at the top of the swing. The boom can be reversed for use on the right side. The flexible headband is adjustable. The normal transducer configuration for use with Pro Intercom and compatible headset intercom systems is 400Ω earspeakers and a 200Ω dynamic microphone. Electret microphones and both 50 and 100Ω earspeakers are also available for various other applications. The standard version comes with a 4-pin female XLR-type plug but other configurations are available. The microphone in the standard version is wired unbalanced but it can easily be balanced for audio or broadcast applications.
All headsets are the most vulnerable to damage at the point where the boom connects with the ear cup. The ingenious way in which the boom swivels on the 900 series offers a whole new level of longevity. The internal switch, which mutes the microphone at the top of the boom's arc, is rated for millions of operations. The assembly screws are hidden to prevent tampering. The 900 series headsets are easily field reparable.
Pro Intercom DMH920 Features
- Wide smooth frequency response
- Deep, comfortable ear cushions
- Excellent external noise exclusion
- Lightweight but sturdy
- Noise-cancelling microphone
- Bend microphone easily for optimal positioning
- Mic can be worn on either side
- Adjustable flexible headband
- Boom swivel design offers longer-lasting use
- Internal switch to mute the mic is at the top of the boom's arc
- Compatible with Clear-Com and other popular headseet intercom systems
- DMH920 Headset1