Akai Professional’s LPD8 is a USB MIDI laptop pad controller that provides a satisfying music production experience that travels with you. Measuring just 13 inches long and weighing less than a pound, this controller is designed to free you from installed studio gear and allow you to make music wherever you are.
The LPD8 is class-compliant and USB-powered, with no driver installation or power adapters required. This laptop pad controller delivers a satisfying, streamlined music production experience in a mobile piece of gear that fits into your studio as well as your gig bag. Compatible to work with virtually any music software or DAW, the LDP8 comes with optimized connectivity including USB/MIDI and includes editing software for Mac and PC.
With a layout that echoes Akai Pro’s MPC line of music production workstations, the LPD8 features great controls that allow you to effortlessly and intuitively sculpt your sound. Its 8 LED-backlit drum pads are velocity-sensitive for programming rhythmic or melodic parts or manipulating note or program changes mid-performance. The controller’s 8 Q-Link knobs provide simple parameter control for adding or tweaking effects. Meanwhile, four programmable memory banks allow for the fast and easy set-up of your favorite software programs, so that you can get right down to inputting note information, MIDI CCs, or program changes from your pads to your software.
Akai LPD8 Features
- USB MIDI, works with virtually any music software or DAW
- 8 backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads to send note or program changes
- 8 Q-Link knobs for controlling virtually any parameter
- 4 programmable memory banks
- Editing software for Mac and PC included
- USB bus-powered, no power adapter required
- Class-compliant with Mac and PC, no driver required
- LPD8 Laptop Pad Controller1
- USB connector cable1
- Key Specs USB 1.1 (2.0 compatible), LED backlight responds to midi note on, and 8 assignable knobs send midi CC#
- 4 Programs User editable via included editor software
- 8 Velocity Sensitive MPC-Style Pads
- Send note with velocity
- Assignable program change
- Assignable control message
- Sends a value of 0 -127 depending on how hard the pad is struck