The MK2300i Series of 2-way, high output, trapezoidal loudspeaker systems are designed as main PA elements for smaller venues, including small houses of worship and auditoriums/theaters, corporate A/V systems, hotel ballrooms and meeting rooms. The series is also excellent for distributed or fill purposes in larger venues, including large houses of worship and auditoriums/theaters, arenas, stadiums, nightclubs, and themed-entertainment complexes.
To meet the design goals for the intended applications, EAW engineers developed a new, high performance, 3-inch voice coil, 1.4-in exit compression driver, loading it with a selection of six different HF horns with coverage patterns ranging from 60° x 45° to 120° x 60°. The horns are as large as the enclosure size allows to maintain consistent directivity throughout the HF passband. A 3-inch voice coil, 12-inch LF driver was used to complement the sonic character and output of the HF driver. All MK2300i models are carefully voiced to sound similar, permitting diverse horn patterns to be mixed throughout an installation while maintaining the same sonic quality. The result is clean, high-fidelity output at significantly higher levels than would be expected from loudspeakers of this size and price.
Users can select between single-amp and bi-amp (external processor) operating modes. In either operating mode, EAW’s beamwidth-matching crossover/ filter design delivers even power response throughout the crossover region, eliminating the discontinuities that plague other two-way loudspeakers.
The MK2300i Series systems are the smaller companions to the MK5300i Series systems. Enclosures for both series are the same height, facilitating installation where more than one horn pattern and/or type of loudspeaker capability is needed. In addition, SBK Series subwoofers also share this height, creating attractive arrays that use EAW’s preconfigured accessory flybar.
EAW MK2394i Features
- 2-way, high output, trapezoidal loudspeaker
- Voiced to sound similar to other MK2300i models, for different horn patterns to be mixed in one application
- Select between single-amp and bi-amp (external processor) operating modes
- Smaller companion to MK5300i series
- MK2394i passive 2-way full-range speaker1
- Frequency response65Hz to 19kHz
- Operating mode
- Amplifier channels: single-amp LF/HF; bi-amp LF, HF
- External signal processing: high pass filter; DSP w/2-way filters
- LF: 1x 12" cone
- HF: 1x 1.4" exit, 3" voice coil compression driver
- Power handling
- Full range: 600W @ 8ohms
- LF: 600W @ 8ohms
- HF: 150W @ 8ohms
- Nominal beamwidth90° horizontal, 45° vertical
- Connectionsbarrier strip
- Dimensions (HxWxD)30" x 15.54" x 14.75"
- Weight60 pounds (27.2 kg)