The SSL 2 is a USB Audio Interface featuring Legacy 4K, an all-new analogue enhancement effect. With the Legacy 4K button, 2 essential characteristics of the 4K sound have been distilled into a single-circuit, which you can engage when you need to breath some life into 'boring' or 'dull' sounding input sources.
1st characteristic: High-Frequency EQ boost - The first thing engaging the Legacy 4K button will do is introduce a 'forward', yet musical high-frequency EQ boost, something which 4000-series EQs are known and loved for.
2nd characteristic: Subtle-Harmonic Distortion - 4K consoles are synonymous with imparting a certain 'mojo' to signals passing through them. This mojo comes through multiple stages of harmonic distortion from compressor VCAs, VCA Faders and other crucial areas like the transistor mix amps. Using modern components, Solid State Logic has created a circuit that injects a controlled amount of finely-tuned, sweet- sounding harmonic distortion into the signal path, helping to give your sound more edge!
Solid State Logic SSL 2+ Features
- Legacy 4K - analogue colour enhancement, inspired by classic SSL consoles
- 2 x Professional, high-current grade headphone outputs: create a second independent headphone mix
- Easy-to-use Monitor Mix Control
- Balanced monitor outputs
- Additional unbalanced RCA outputs for easy connection to DJ Mixers
- MIDI I/O
- SSL Production Pack software bundle
- USB 2.0 bus-powered audio interface for Mac/PC
- SSL 2+ USB Audio Interface1
- Input and Outputs2-In/4-Out
- Preamplifier2 x SSL-designed microphone preamps
- Converter24-bit / 192 kHz AD/DA AKM