Achieve dynamic, expressive performances like never before with the Vortex Wireless 2 from Alesis. The Vortex Wireless 2 is a comprehensive MIDI keytar controller boasting improved ergonomics, durable housing, and an intuitive control layout. Its next-generation design offers upgraded and expanded functionality from its predecessors, while a stylish gloss-black finish makes an outstanding visual impression before you even start playing.
Follow up the visual impact with the powerful quality of the Vortex Wireless 2’s audio capability. Its 37 velocity-sensitive keys feature aftertouch, while 8 RGB backlit velocity-sensitive drum pads and a row of 8 backlit faders are built into the keytar’s layout for effortless control. Meanwhile, neck controls provide additional options for your performance, enabling you to tweak sounds with the MIDI-assignable touch strip and accelerometer, expand your melody with the octave range button, and add even more personality to your music with sustain activation.
Employ myriad connectivity options with Vortex Wireless 2’s USB-MIDI and traditional MIDI Out jacks. Connect the Vortex wirelessly to your computer to easily incorporate it into a setup with popular virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs. Its PC- and Mac-compatible USB dongle uses one USB port to establish a reliable, wireless connection to maximize your mobility so you can perform anywhere on stage.
Vortex Wireless 2 includes a premium assortment of virtual instrument plugins, including Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand!2 from AIR Music Tech, TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware, and Ableton Live Lite for performing, producing, and recording. A preset editor is also included for clear, concise, and efficient preset configuration and customization—with a functionality that’s as simple as point-and-click. Save and load presets to and from your hard drive using the editor software to back up your work and streamline your setup routine.
Alesis Vortex Wireless 2 Features
- 37 velocity-sensitive keys with aftertouch for compact size with complete melodic range
- Eight RGB back-lit velocity-sensitive trigger pads enable you to create beats or trigger clips
- Eight back-lit faders for controlling volumes or other instrument parameters
- Embedded MIDI-assignable tilt sensor performance control with on/off button
- Thumb-controlled volume slider and reversible pitch-bend wheel on neck
- MIDI-assignable touchstrip, zone, sustain, and octave-control buttons on neck
- Included USB dongle creates a wireless connection to any Mac or PC
- Compatible with iOS devices via the Apple to USB Camera Adapter (sold separately)
- USB and MIDI jacks for use with any synth, sound module, or other MIDI hardware or software
- Battery-powered for use with MIDI modules and hardware synths (4 AA batteries included)
- Standard guitar strap pegs on neck and body
- Edit MIDI-assigned controls with included Vortex Wireless 2 Editor application
- Vortex Wireless 2 37-Key Wireless Keytar Controller1
- USB Wireless Receiver1
- USB Cable1
- Cable Harness1
- Hybrid 3, Loom 2, Vacuum Pro, and Xpand 2 by AIR Music Tech download1
- TimewARP 2600 by Way Out Ware download1
- Ableton Live Lite download1
- Minimum System Requirements
- Available USB 1.1 Port
- PC: Windows 7 Service Pack 1; Minimum Dual Core 2GHz (Intel Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Mac: Mac OS X 10.8.5; Core Duo Processor (Core i5 or i7 Recommended)
- Minimum RAM 4GB (8GB or more recommended)
- 5GB free hard drive space (Download and Installation)
- Internet Access (Download and Authorization)