The LPK25 laptop performance keyboard from Akai Professional is a USB-MIDI controller that shares compatibility with virtually all audio software, making it the ideal music-making tool for artists on the go. Compact but powerful, this controller is packed with great features so you can take your creativity beyond the bounds of a studio. This keyboard is ideal for musicians, producers, DJs, and anyone else who wants to work with their favorite computer software while retaining the optimized sound expression of a piano-style keyboard.
Create wherever your imagination takes you with the LPK25. This controller is designed as a scaled-down version of Akai Pro’s MPK series of keyboard performance controllers. Weighing less than a pound, and measuring in at less than 13 inches long, the LPK25 is perfect for slipping into a laptop case, backpack, messenger bag, or gig bag whenever inspiration strikes.
Its extreme portability doesn’t compromise on features, however. Its compact keyboard is comprised of 25 small, velocity-sensitive keys with synth action, so you can enjoy enormous expressiveness and precise melodic control. This makes the LPK25 a great choice for keyboardists who want to experiment with software on their computer, without giving up the intuitive gestures of a keyboard.
The LPK25’s plug-and-play functionality is compatible with Mac and PC, with no need for software driver installation or wall power. It’s powered by a USB bus, meaning you don’t need any additional power cables.
Four programmable memory banks are built into the LPK25 for streamlined programming and setting recall—giving you high-tech versatility without detracting from its user-friendly and intuitive layout. Its other features include easy-to-navigate controls for sustain, octave up and down, and tap tempo. Additionally, an arpeggiator automatically steps through chords, giving you the shortcut you need so you can focus on composing.
Akai LPK25 Features
- 25 velocity-sensitive mini-keyboard keys
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- Arpeggiator, sustain button, octave up and down, and tap tempo controls
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Four programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered-no additional power cable needed
- LPK25 Laptop Performance Keyboard Controller1
- USB connector cable1
- Editor software for Mac and PC1
- Number of presets4
- MIDI output channels over USB16
- Note keys25 (velocity-sensitive)
- Inputs/outputs1 USB-mini port
- Power< 100 mA, 5V DC via USB
- Dimensions (W x D x H)339 mm x 97 mm x 33 mm
- Weight40 g