The APC40 mkII Ableton Live Performance Controller from Akai incorporates extended controller functionality, countless musical capabilities, and a streamlined workflow into its design. Other enhancements include RGB clip-launching grid, reinforced fader design, revised knob layout, and much more. In addition to its sleek look, the APC40 mkII features a 5x8 RGB clip-launching grid that's built for dexterous exploration: launch clips and create or perform your song from the ground up using 40 responsive triggers.
The APC40 mkII benefits from five years of user feedback, with improved functionality, musical capabilities, and workflow. Its natural, tactile hardware controls correspond with Ableton Live’s interface when connected to a computer—rendering no further configuration necessary. Powered by USB, it doesn’t need a power adapter or drivers, thus allowing for plug-and-play connectivity wherever you go, whether it’s on the stage or in the studio.
A 5x8 clip-launching grid with a tri-colored backlit display—giving you a highly visual, ultra-responsive method of launching clips or creating a song from the ground up, while the Shift button and directional arrows allow you to adjust the scope of the display so you can see everything you need. Next to the clip-launching grid are located 9 reinforced faders and 8 control knobs to make your workflow even more intuitive. Use the knobs for easy tweaking of volume, pan, sends, device control, clip transitions, manipulating reverb, and integrating other effects into your sound. Each knob can be assigned, resulting in more flexible mixing and mapping potential. Additionally, the Sends button lets you cycle through all 8 send buses, while an A/B crossfader can be assigned and re-assigned without taking your hands or eyes off the controller.
Included with the APC40 mkII is Ableton Live Lite, a premium software that equips you for composing, recording, remixing, improvising, and editing straight out of the box—all in a fluid audio/MIDI environment. This controller also comes with two high-definition virtual synthesizers (Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech and SONiVOX Twist virtual instrument), as well as 5GB of professional samples and loops (from Puremagnetic Effect Racks, which includes over 200 sophisticated audio effects), 5 Toolroom artist launch packs, and 5 Prime Loops sample packs.
Akai APC40 mkII Features
- Provides hands-on control of Ableton Live
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live (v9.1.3+)
- USB-powered and plug-and-play connectivity for Mac and PC
- Sends button for quick access to 8 send buses
- Assignable A/B crossfader for dynamic mixing on the fly
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- Revised knob layout with in-line controls for streamlined workflow
- APC40 mkII Ableton Live Performance Controller1
- Ableton Live Lite with Puremagnetik Effect Racks1
- Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech1
- SONiVOX Twist, Prime Loops sample packs1
- Toolroom Records artist launch packs (downloads)1
- 360° track pan/send/assignable knobs: 8
- 360° device control knobs: 8
- 360° cue level knob: 1
- 360° tempo knob: 1
- Clip launch buttons
- Backlit RGB buttons: 40, in 8x5 matrix
- Scene launch buttons: 5
- 45mm track volume faders: 8
- 45mm master volume fader: 1
- 45mm crossfader: 1
- USB port: 1
- 1/4" TS jack for footswitch input: 1
- PowerUSB-bus powered
- Dimensions (W x D x H)16.7 x 10 x 1.8 inches
- Weight3.97 lbs (1.8 kg)