Designed for musicians and composers, the APC Key 25 from Akai Professional is an Ableton Live controller with an integrated keyboard. The versatile APC Key 25 can be tailored to your performance or production style. In addition to its 25 synth-action mini keys, dedicated buttons for Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain allow you to expand this compact keyboard’s melodic range. Complementing the keyboard interface is a 5x8 clip-launching grid with a tri-colored backlit display—giving you a highly visual, ultra-responsive method of launching clips or creating a song from the ground up, while the Shift button and directional arrows allow you to adjust the scope of the display so you can see everything you need.
Next to the clip-launching grid are located 8 control knobs for easy tweaking of volume, pan, sends, device control, clip transitions, manipulating reverb, and integrating other effects into your sound. Each knob can be assigned, resulting in more flexible mixing and mapping potential. Its natural, tactile hardware controls correspond with Ableton Live’s interface when connected to a computer—rendering no further configuration necessary.
The portable APC Key 25 is powered by USB. It doesn’t need a power adapter or drivers, thus allowing for plug-and-play connectivity. Its compact build makes it easy to integrate this controller into setups of any size. Because it can be used as a general MIDI controller, the APC Key 25 can be partnered with other software applications, including virtual instruments, plugins, and DAWs.
The built-in music software platform VIP3.0 streamlines workflow and optimizes the creative experience. VIP3.0 enables access to your VST library of virtual instruments and effects. With APC Key 25’s hardware and VIP3.0’s software in perfect collaboration, you’ll be able to effortlessly find sounds based on the type of instrument, timbre, style, or articulation, and add texture by combining up to 8 separate instruments or loading up to 4 different VST effects per instrument channel.
The APC Key 25 comes with Ableton Live Lite software, 2 high-definition virtual synths (Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech and SONiVOX Twist), and includes professional samples and loops so you can get creative straight out of the box. Ableton Live Lite is a great tool for improvising during songwriting, recording, mixing, and editing—all in a fluid audio/MIDI environment. Also included with the APC Key 25 is a Toolroom Records artist launch, which equips you with exclusive sample packs.
Akai APC Key 25 Features
- Search sound library based on instrument type, timbre, style, or articulation
- Capacity to layer up to 8 separate instruments and patches to sculpt immersive, expressive sounds
- Load up to 4 independent effects per instrument channel
- Seamlessly integrates 1 to 1 with Ableton Live
- Clip-launch matrix with tri-color lighting displays current clip status
- 25 synth-action mini keys
- 8 assignable knobs map to Ableton Live and control volume, sends, and more
- Shift button and directional arrows manipulate the scope of the grid
- Dedicated Octave Up, Octave Down, and Sustain buttons
- USB-powered and plug-and-play setup for Mac and PC
- Includes VIP3.0 - the award-winning music software platform that provides musicians and composers with a powerful hands-on control solution for their virtual instrument and virtual effect collection.
- Controller can be used as a general MIDI to manipulate other software applications such as virtual instruments, plugins, or DAWs.
- APC Key 25 USB Cable1
- User Guide1
- Ableton Live Lite software download1
- Hybrid 3 by AIR Music Tech software download1
- SONiVOX Twist software download1
- Toolroom artist launch packs download1
- Note Keys 25 velocity-sensitive keys; 10-octave range with octave up/down buttons
- Clip Buttons 40 backlit clip-launch buttons in 8x5 matrix
- Knobs 8 270º knobs with 4 modes
- Inputs / Outputs 1 USB port
- Power USB-bus-powered
- Dimensions (W x D x H) 12.25 x 7.6 x 1.6 inches (31.1 x 19.3 x 4.1 cm)
- Weight 1.7 lbs (0.76 kg)