The Bottle Rocket Mic Locker is a powerful creative tool that features Blue's acclaimed Bottle Rocket Stage One microphone and four interchangeable Bottle Caps. Swap between the four capsules to access a vast palette of tones for any vocal or instrument type-without breaking your creative flow. It's an entire mic locker in one complete package.
The Bottle Rocket Mic Locker includes four Bottle Caps, each delivering its own kind of sonic inspiration. The B0 gives you a superior bright, silky tone perfect for vocals. The B6 offers crisp "modern presence" for larger-than-life vocals, piano, percussion, and more. Go back in time with the B7 for big vintage tube tones. And the B8 provides excellent detail for a wide range of recording applications.
World-class studios use mic lockers to match ideal microphones to specific performances. The Bottle Rocket Mic Locker gives you the same level of flexibility in your studio. Each Bottle Cap sounds brilliant when used individually, but they also complement each other to create layered, well-balanced recordings. And with a family of additional Bottle Caps to choose from, you can expand your capsule collection for endless inspiration.
The Bottle Rocket Stage One is the foundation of the Bottle Rocket Mic Locker. It's hand-built in the USA for a lifetime of use and features a proprietary transformerless Class A FET circuit that delivers low self noise (<7.5dB) and powerful clean output (+12dB). With exceptional sonic clarity, Bottle Rocket Stage One lets you hear the nuances of each Bottle Cap-and the nuances of virtually any sound source you set out to record.
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Mic Locker Features
- Four included Bottle Caps provide unmatched tonal variation
- Low self-noise (<7.5dB)and high output level (+12dBV)
- Class A Discrete solid-state electronics
- Quick-change bayonet capsule mount
- POWERSTREAM Tube Mic power supply with variable capsule sensitivity dial
- Blue velvet-lined ATA flight case for secure portability
- B0 bottle cap1
- B6 bottle cap1
- B7 bottle cap1
- B8 bottle cap1
- Laser-cut SKB® carry case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid, Omnidirectional, Figure of 8 (depending on capsule)
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity27mv/pa (+/−10mv)
- Noise Level A-weighted (Iec 651)not more than 7.5dbv–14dbv
- Max. Output (1% Thd Into 2.5kΩ)+12dbv = 3.1 Vrms
- Max. SPL (1.0% Thd Into 2.5kΩ)138 dB
- Dynamic Range (2.5kΩ Load)130 dB
- Supply Voltage (Iec 268-15)+48v Phantom Power (+35v Min.)
- Current Draw (Typical Ai+48v)1.8 mA