Bluebird SL delivers pristine, highly versatile sound that makes every detail of your performance come to life. With the original Bluebird microphone, Blue set a new standard for modern recording mics. Bluebird SL advances that legacy with refined sonics and versatile switches to capture exceptionally clear and powerful sound that makes ears perk up and listen. Add in an updated design to inspire your best performances, and what you get is a best-selling Essential Series condenser mic.
Every component of Bluebird SL is specially designed to deliver modern, crystal-clear tone. The hand-built capsule utilizes a fine, gold-sputtered Mylar diaphragm that delivers superior resonance at higher frequencies to help vocals cut through the mix. The sculpted rear backplate ensures balanced sound across the entire frequency spectrum. And discreet Class-A circuitry maximizes the accuracy of your sound. With a high-pass filter and -20dB pad, Bluebird SL is ideal for capturing standout vocal performances, expressing the true tone of guitars, piano and more with extended upper clarity, smooth mids and rich lows. Next stop, top-flight sound.
Blue Microphones Bluebird SL Features
- Extended upper clarity with smooth mid frequencies for any voice or instrument
- Hand-built proprietary large-diaphragm cardioid capsule for full, open sound
- High-pass filter and -20dB pad for ultimate versatility
- Works great with home studio USB audio interfaces
- Bluebird SL studio condenser microphone1
- Custom shockmount1
- Wooden storage box1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity28.5 mV/Pa at 1 kHz (1 pa = 94 dB SPL)
- Max. SPL138dB SPL (0.5%)
- S/N Ratio82.3 dB-A
- Noise Level11.7
- Dynamic Range126.3 dB
- Power Requirement+48V DC phantom power
- HPF100Hz, 12db per octave
- PAD-20 dB
- Dimensions8.76" x 1.87"
- Weight16.05 oz