Like its sibling the Bottle, Bottle Rocket Stage One breaks away from traditional microphones to propel your creativity to new sonic heights. The hand-tuned B8 capsule provides flexibility for a variety of recording scenarios, while our acclaimed interchangeable Bottle Caps (sold separately) enable you to create virtually any mic imaginable and capture any sound source.
Bottle Rocket Stage One includes the B8 large-diaphragm cardioid condenser Bottle Cap. Its mission: total recording versatility. The B8 capsule is a hotrod version of one of the world's most legendary condenser capsules. But unlike it's predecessor, which was lacking in mids, B8 is tuned for a lush midrange with a gorgeous lift around 5kHz and a smooth cut around 8kHz. It's perfect for capturing a wide variety of sound sources with stunning detail-including lead vocals, electric and acoustic guitars, drums, percussion, horns and strings.
Bottle Caps are a system of interchangeable capsules that provide a variety of tonal ranges, characters, diaphragm sizes and polar patterns for total recording versatility. Big vocal sounds. Vintage and modern sounds. Delicate, accurate reproduction. Different patterns. All in a single microphone. And the quick-change connection makes experimenting with new sounds fast and easy.
Blue Microphones Bottle Rocket Stage One Features
- Crystal-clear sound quality and superb detail with legendary B8 Bottle Cap
- Compatible with all interchangeable Bottle Caps
- Low self-noise (<7.5dB)and high output level (+12dBV)
- Class A Discrete solid-state electronics
- Bottle Rocket Stage One condenser microphone1
- S3 shock1
- Custom pop filter1
- Protective wooden box1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity27 mV/Pa (+/- 10mV depending on capsule) at 1kHz (1Pa = 94dB SPL)
- Noise Level A-Weightednot more than 7.5dBV – 14dBV (IEC 651) (depending on capsule)
- Max. Output+12dBV = 3.1 Vrms (2.5kΩ, 1% THD)
- Max. SPL138dB SPL (2.5kΩ, 0.5% THD)
- Dynamic Range130 dB (@2.5kΩ)
- Power Requirement+48V DC Phantom Power (IEC 268-15) (+35V min)
- Current Draw1.8mA (typical AI+48V)
- Compatible Capsulesall nine Bottle Caps from the Blue Bottle Cap Series (comes with B8 capsule attached)