The AT4049b Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone from Audio-Technica is specifically designed for professional recording, live broadcast, and other miking applications where reliability is critical such as sound reinforcement. This versatile mic features direct-coupled balanced outputs, providing a clean signal in high-output conditions without the distortion that is normally associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its transformerless circuitry design minimizes low-frequency distortions and optimizes the correlation of high-speed transients.
Its omnidirectional polar pattern picks up the maximum ambient atmosphere for the sound of your venue. Its efficient transient response transparently reproduces even the most difficult-to-capture instruments. The AT4049b also includes a switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and a 10 dB pad.
Featuring a rugged housing of turned brass, every AT4049b features innovative design and exemplary manufacturing quality complies with Audio-Technica’s stringent standards of consistency and reliability. The AT4049b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4049b-EL omnidirectional head capsule (both body and capsule are sold separately). The AT4049b mic comes with a custom AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands—which helps further isolate the mic from handling noise—as well as a windscreen to minimize vocal plosives and a protective carrying case for secure transportation and safe storage. Additional capsules are also sold separately: cardioid (AT4051b-EL) and hypercardioid (AT4053b-EL).
Audio-Technica AT4049b Features
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Omnidirectional polar pattern provides maximum ambient pickup
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- AT4049b Omnidirectional Condenser Microphone1
- AT8405a Stand Clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- S1 Protective Carrying Case1
- Transducer TypeDC Bias Condenser
- Polar PatternOmnidirectional
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity-34 dBV/Pa (19.9 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise16 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- SwitchesFlat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- Dimensions6.10") long, 0.83" maximum body diameter
- Weight130 g (4.6 oz)