Capture clear, reliable sound with confidence using the AT4053b Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone from Audio-Technica. Great for myriad professional miking applications, this versatile studio mic is a great choice for broadcasting, professional recording, sound reinforcement, and other uses where consistent, high-quality audio is critical.
Featuring direct-coupled, balanced output for a clean signal even under high-output conditions, this mic enjoys freedom from the distortion that’s usually associated with conventional transformer-coupled outputs. Its transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients, which in turn contributes to the open, transparent reproduction of even the most difficult-to-capture instruments.
The AT4053b comes with a switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and a 10 dB pad. Its housing is constructed of turned-brass for a rugged build that optimizes durability. Its hypercardioid pattern reduces pickup of background noise from the sides and rear, ensuring you capture all the sound you want and none of the noise you don’t.
Included in the box with the AT4053b microphone is a custom AT8405a stand clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands a windscreen for protecting your audio from wind noise and vocal pops, and a protective carrying case for safe transportation and secure storage. As with all Audio-Technica gear, this mic meets stringent standards of consistency and reliability, ensuring that you get great-quality sound and long-lasting equipment.
The AT4053b consists of two modular subassemblies: an AT4900b-48 body and an AT4053b-EL hypercardioid head capsule (both available separately). Optional interchangeable head capsules are also available in omnidirectional (AT4049b-EL) and cardioid (AT4051b-EL) polar patterns.
Audio-Technica AT4053b Features
- Specially engineered to meet the most critical acoustic requirements of professional recording, broadcast and sound reinforcement
- Hypercardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Direct-coupled, balanced output results in a clean signal even under high-output conditions
- Transformerless circuitry virtually eliminates low-frequency distortion and provides superior correlation of high-speed transients
- Switchable 80 Hz hi-pass filter and 10 dB pad
- Rugged turned-brass microphone housing for enduring dependability
- State-of-the-art design and manufacturing techniques ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- RoHS-compliant - free from all substances specified in the EU directive on the reduction of hazardous substances (RoHS)
- AT4053b Hypercardioid Condenser Microphone1
- AT8405a Stand Clamp for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- S1 Protective Carrying Case1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternHypercardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity-34 dBV/Pa (19.9 mV)
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 145 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- 155 dB SPL, with 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Noise16 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range129 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio78 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Phantom Power Requirements48V DC, 4.8 mA typical
- SwitchesFlat, roll-off; 10 dB pad (nominal)
- Connector3-Pin XLRM
- 155.0 mm (6.10") long
- 21.0 mm (0.83") maximum body diameter
- Weight127 g (4.5 oz)