Achieve warm vintage sound with the AT4060a Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone. From Audio-Technica’s premium line of 40 Series condenser microphones, this mic boasts low self-noise and a wide dynamic range that exceeds the range of other tube mics, making it the ideal choice for capturing subtle nuances of vocals and instruments. Meanwhile, it also is rugged enough to confidently handle extreme sound pressure levels (such as guitar cabinets).
The AT4060a merges the classic sound of vintage tube mics with the versatility and reliability required by even the most demanding applications. Its cardioid polar pattern provides great isolation, minimizing the pick-up of unwanted noise at the sides and rear and ensuring you capture only the sound you want. The dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the mic’s full frequency range (20-20,000 Hz), while its vapor-deposited gold diaphragms are 2 microns thick and undergo a five-step aging process to deliver consistent quality over years of use.
Other features boasted by the AT4060a include a precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle that enhances element stability and optimizes sensitivity, as well as a regulated, heavily-filtered heater current to help protect against noise contamination in the audio signal chain. Finally, a large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity.
Featuring hand-picked, aged tubes individually tested and inspected for optimal quality assurance, the AT4060a combines classic valve-design sound with a durable build to comply with Audio-Technica’s stringent standards of consistency and reliability, ensuring that you get classic tube mic audio quality that meets your modern recording needs. Included with the AT4060a is an AT8560a tube microphone powering unit (along with rack-mount adapters), an AT8447 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands for further isolation of handling noise, and a protective carrying case for safe transportation and secure storage.
Audio-Technica AT4060a Features
- Vintage tube sound
- Wide dynamic range, low self-noise and high max SPL capability
- 2-micron-thick, vapor-deposited gold diaphragms remain constant over years of use
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass, acoustic element baffle
- Regulated and heavily filtered heater current prevents noise contamination of audio signal chain
- Hand-selected tubes are individually tested and aged to maintain peak performance
- Large coupling transformer provides superior low-frequency linearity
- Custom shock mount provides superior isolation
- AT4060a Cardioid Condenser Tube Microphone1
- AT8560a tube microphone powering unit1
- AT8447 shock mount for 5/8"-27 threaded stands1
- Rack-Mount Adapters for tube microphone powering unit1
- Protective Mic Carrying Case1
- Transducer TypeDC Bias Condenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Output Impedance200 ohms
- Sensitivity-34 dBV/Pa (19.9 mV)
- Maximum Input Sound Level
- 150 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- 149 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 0.5% T.H.D.
- Noise19 dB SPL
- Dynamic Range131 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio75 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Power Requirements
- AT8560a tube microphone powering unit
- (100-240V AC) (120V AC for USA/Canada)
- Weight (Microphone)645 g (22.8 oz)
- Weight (Power Supply)Tube microphone powering unit: 1.3 kg (2.87 lbs)
- Weight645g - Tube microphone powering unit: 1.3kg
- Cable7.6 m (24.9') cable with 6-pin XLR-type connectors for use between microphone and tube microphone powering unit; AC power cable
- Microphone: 215.0 mm (8.46") long, 53.4 mm (2.10") maximum body diameter
- Tube microphone powering unit: 212.0 mm (8.35") W x 131.5 mm 5.18") D x 46.0 mm (1.81") H
- Connector3-Pin XLRM (on tube microphone powering unit)