When using a microphone to record, the sound source generates two types of sound. One is called direct sound which enters the microphone directly from the source, and the other is called reflected sound which the sound it has been boucing off the walls, ceiling and back into the microphone. Generally, the reflected sound can sound very different from home and the acutal recording studio, despite the recording equipment and settings. In most cases, the reflected sound at home does not sound very good because the room is not built for recording. The sophisticated acoustic design creates better reflected sound which makes the recordings sound good in the standard recording studio.
The TM-AR1 Acoustic Control Filter does not only absorb the reflected sound but also isolates the reflections away from the microphone. By installing this tool, the microphone picks up only the direct sound with great frequency response, which enables your mixes and editings to be done with ease.
To set up the TM-AR1, just place it around the microphone, that’s it! It is particularly effective when used for recording vocal, wind instrument, acoustic guitar or any other instrument individually. You can get the dry and crisp sound in your DAW environment quckly with ease.
TASCAM TM-AR1 Features
- Acoustic control filter that helps to obtain a dryer sound for recording
- Prevents acoustic reflections by sound absorbing material
- Foldable design saves space and allow adjustments according to your environment
- Can be mounted to a stand in two ways
- Two support bars with different lengths
- Adjustable mic position
- TM-AR1 Microphone Accessory/Acoustic Control Filter1
- 5/8-inch to 3/8-inch screw adapter1
- Mounting screw thread diameter5/8-inch (15,875 mm)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)400x320x260 mm
- Weight3 kg