Unparalleled audio in all-metal construction makes Shure’s MV51 Digital Condenser Microphone the go-to for recording in any environment, from home studios to anywhere inspiration strikes. Deny distortion and enjoy sound excellence in every environment, from demo sessions to field recordings.
Great for content creators and indie audio recorders, this mic is the perfect tool for capturing audio in a home studio, while its portability and versatility make it equally ideal for projects in the field. This is the perfect mic to level up the quality of a wide range of creative endeavors, including podcasts, vlogs, and voiceovers.
Connect the MV51 directly to your mobile phone or device (iOS, Mac, or PC) via Lightning or USB to get instant access to pristine sound without distortion. However, this plug-and-play capability is just the first of many premium features built into the MV51. Intuitive app controls allow you to use the speech, singing, acoustic, loud, and flat presets to customize your recording on the fly. Additionally, the MV51 includes the ShurePlus™ MOTIV™ audio app, allowing for real-time monitoring and equipping you to edit your audio for professional audio results on the go.
Compact and easy to incorporate into any home studio setup, the MV51 is also specifically designed to meet the needs of a mobile content creator. Its all-metal construction is built to withstand long-term field use. An integrated kickstand makes the mic easy to position (and it’s also compatible with desk and floor stands for easy integration into a home studio setup). A front touch panel provides easy access to 5 DSP modes, plus adjust gain, mute, and headphone volume.
More about Shure’s MOTIV App
The free ShurePlus MOTIV™ audio app effortlessly opens up tons of additional onscreen controls and exclusive features. Fast and simple to use, the MOTIV delivers the ability to record studio-caliber audio no matter where the opportunity—or inspiration—strikes. Personalize your mic gain, monitor mix, EQ, limiter, compressor, and more. Trim and share in multiple formats with a few quick taps.
Shure MV51 Features
- Plug-and-play with iOS, Mac and PC
- Presets for speech, singing, acoustic, loud and flat
- Easy-access front touch panel for quick changes
- All-metal construction built to the field
- Integrated kickstand, desk and floor stand compatible
- ShurePlus MOTIV audio app for recording and onscreen control
- MV51 Condenser Microphone1
- 1m USB-to-MicroUSB Cable1
- 1m Lightning-to-MicroUSB Cable1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternCardioid
- Frequency Response20 Hz - 20 kHz
- A/D ConverterUp to 24-bit/48 kHz
- Adjustable Gain Range0 to +36 dB
- Sensitivity at Minimum Gain, Flat Mode-39 dBFS/Pa at 1 kHz 1 Pa=94 SPL
- Maximum SPL at Minimum Gain, Flat Mode130 dB SPL
- Headphone Output3.5 mm (1/8")
- Power RequirementsPowered through USB or Lightning connector
- Microphone MuteYes
- MFi CertifiedYes
- DSP Modes (Presets)Speech/Singing/Acoustic/Loud/Flat
- Mounting StandBuilt-in
- Stand adapter5/8", 27-thread (standard microphone stand mount)
- HousingAll-metal construction
- Net Weight574.7 g (20.27 oz)
- Dimensions (HxWxD)128×86×70 mm