The MG06X is a compact analog mixing console in Yamaha’s MG series. This 6-channel console provides a maximum of 2 mic / 6 line inputs (2 mono + 2 stereo) and 1 stereo bus. To differentiate the MG06X from the MG06, the MG06X offers high-grade effects through 6 SPX programs.
More about the MG Series
Yamaha’s MG series mixing consoles feature some of the same studio-quality preamps and powerful digital processing technologies from high-end professional consoles, packaged together in rugged reliable housing. With 6-20 channel options to choose from, there is an MG console perfect for installed, recording, or live music settings in many applications.
Sonic purity and unmatched sound quality start with the D-PRE Class-A mic preamps present in all MG series mixers. This preamp uses an inverted Darlington circuit comprising two cascading transistors in a design that supplies more power with lower impedance. The overall construction of the preamp allows each MG console to deliver incredible and realistic sound with minimal distortion, and a wide frequency range makes sure it can handle signals from any audio source accurately.
Op-amps also play a critical role in delivering excellent sound. MG series mixers use newly developed custom-made MG01 op-amps that put sound quality before electrical design and efficiency. Silicon wafers and copper wire are some of the materials included to achieve excellent resolution.
Phantom power and pad switch lets you take advantage of the upsides of condenser microphones while dodging some of the downsides. The pad switch attenuates high input signals from miked instruments, helping avoid clipping.
The MG series mixers have tools to help your sound come through exactly as you want. 1-knob compressors, EQ and high-pass filters, and Aux sends all give you the power to tweak your mix for livelier guitars, punchier bass, tighter snare, and any other adjustments you want to make.
All the MG consoles have high-quality balanced XLR connectors on mono microphone/line channels and XLR-equipped stereo channels. A host of inputs and outputs are available for you to connect all the gear you’re working with.
Yamaha MG06X Features
- 6-channel mixing console
- Max. 2 Mic / 6 Line Inputs (2 mono + 2 stereo)
- 1 stereo bus
- "D-PRE" mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit
- High-grade effects: SPX with 6 programs
- XLR balanced outputs
- PAD switch on mono inputs
- +48V phantom power
- Metal chassis
- MG06X 6-channel compact analog mixer with effects1
- Power adaptor1
- On-board processorsSPX algorithm, 6 programs
- Input channels2 mono [mic/line], 2 stereo [line]
- Output channels2 stereo out, 1 phones
- Bus1 stereo
- Input channel function
- Pad: 26dB (mono)
- HPF: 80Hz, 12dB/oct (mono)
- EQ high: mono gain +15dB/-15dB; frequency 10kHz shelving
- EQ low: mono gain +15dB/-15dB; frequency 100Hz shelving
- Peak LED: LED turns on when post EQ signal reaches 3dB below clipping
- Level meter: 2 x 7 -segment LED meter [PEAK, +6, +3, 0, -3, -10, -20 dB]
- Frequency response20Hz - 20kHz +/-0.5dB
- Equivalent input noise-128dBu
- Residual output noise-102dBu
- Power consumption12W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)5.9" x 2.4" x 7.9"
- Weight1.98 pounds (0.9 kg)