The MG16XU is a compact analog mixing console in Yamaha’s MG series. This 16-channel console provides a maximum of 10 mic / 16 line inputs (8 mono + 4 stereo), 4 group buses and 1 stereo bus. In addition to all the benefits of the MG series consoles itself, the MG16XU includes the Cubase AI DAW software download version.
More about the MG Series
Yamaha’s MG series mixing consoles feature some of the same studio-quality preamps and powerful digital processing technologies from high-end professional consoles, packaged together in rugged reliable housing. With 6-20 channel options to choose from, there is an MG console perfect for installed, recording, or live music settings in many applications.
Sonic purity and unmatched sound quality start with the D-PRE Class-A mic preamps present in all MG series mixers. This preamp uses an inverted Darlington circuit comprising two cascading transistors in a design that supplies more power with lower impedance. The overall construction of the preamp allows each MG console to deliver incredible and realistic sound with minimal distortion, and a wide frequency range makes sure it can handle signals from any audio source accurately.
Op-amps also play a critical role in delivering excellent sound. MG series mixers use newly developed custom-made MG01 op-amps that put sound quality before electrical design and efficiency. Silicon wafers and copper wire are some of the materials included to achieve excellent resolution.
Phantom power and pad switch lets you take advantage of the upsides of condenser microphones while dodging some of the downsides. The pad switch attenuates high input signals from miked instruments, helping avoid clipping.
The MG series mixers have tools to help your sound come through exactly as you want. 1-knob compressors, EQ and high-pass filters, and Aux sends all give you the power to tweak your mix for livelier guitars, punchier bass, a tighter snare, and any other adjustments you want to make.
All the MG consoles have high-quality balanced XLR connectors on mono microphone/line channels and XLR-equipped stereo channels. A host of inputs and outputs are available for you to connect all the gear you’re working with.
Yamaha MG16XU Features
- 16-channel mixing console
- Max. 10 Mic / 16 Line Inputs (8 mono + 4 stereo)
- 4 GROUP Buses + 1 Stereo Bus
- 4 AUX (incl. FX)
- "D-PRE" mic preamps with an inverted Darlington circuit
- 1-Knob compressors
- High-grade effects: SPX with 24 programs
- 24-bit/192kHz 2in/2out USB Audio functions
- Works with the iPad (2 or later) through the Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit / Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
- Includes Cubase Al DAW software download version
- PAD switch on mono inputs
- +48V phantom power
- XLR balanced outputs
- Internal universal power supply for world-wide use
- Metal chassis
- MG12XU 12-channel analog mixer with effects and USB1
- AC power cord1
- Cubase AI download information1
- Rack mount kit1
- On-board processorsSPX algorithm 24 programs; Parameter control; Foot sw 1
- Input channels8 mono [mic/line], 2 mono/stereo [mic/line], 2 stereo [line]
- Output channels2 stereo out, 1 monitor out, 1 phones, 4 aux send, 4 group out
- BusStereo: Stereo: 1, GROUP: 4, AUX: 4 (incl. FX)
- Input channel function
- Pad: 26dB (mono)
- HPF: 80Hz, 12dB/oct (mono)
- EQ high: gain +15dB/-15dB; frequency 10kHz shelving
- EQ mid: gain +15dB/-15dB; frequency mono 250Hz-5kHz peaking stereo 2.5kHz peaking
- EQ low: gain +15dB/-15dB; frequency 100Hz shelving
- Peak LED: LED turns on when post EQ signal reaches 3dB below clipping
- Level meter: 2 x 12 -segment LED meter [PEAK, +10, +6, +3, 0, -3, -6, -10, -15, -20, -25, -30 dB]
- Frequency response20Hz - 48kHz +/-0.5dB
- Equivalent input noise-128dBu
- Residual output noise-102dBu
- Power requirementsAC 100-240V, 50/60Hz
- Power consumption30W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)17.5" x 5.1" x 19.7"
- Weight15 pounds (6.8 kg)