Yamaha has provided an impressive range of lineups in professional audio since the release of the PM200 in 1972 - their first ever professional analog mixing console. In 1987, they also released their first digital mixer, the DMP7, and have subsequently advanced technological innovations in sound quality, reliability and advanced functionalities with cutting-edge digital technologies.
Drawing from decades of experience crafting innovative, premium analog gear, Yamaha originally developed their new discrete Class-A microphone preamps for professional use in high-end recording equipment. Utilizing an inverted Darlington circuit design, Yamaha's newly-refined D-PRE mic preamps deliver a fat, rich, smooth tone that gives the MGP Series a significant advantage over any other mixer in its class. With Yamaha's proprietary X-pressive EQ they've managed to capture ultimate analog authenticity by unlocking the mysterious secret behind the expressive sound shaping capabilities of sought-after classic EQ modules.
At the heart of the MGP's compact configuration, Yamaha has taken an innovative new approach to the utilization of digital technology in an analog mixer; adding high-resolution effects, iPod/iPhone integration and the superb functionality of their new Stereo Hybrid Channel to the warmth and musicality of premium analog sound. The MGP Series represents the ultimate balance of the converging technologies that are the heart and soul of Yamaha's extraordinary achievements in professional audio.
Yamaha MGP24X Features
- 16 Mic Inputs with 48V Phantom Power and HPF per Channel
- 24 Line Inputs (16 mono and 4 stereo)
- 6 AUX Sends + 2 FX Sends
- 4 GROUP Buses + ST Bus
- 2 Matrix out
- 1 Mono out
- MGP24X 24-channel premium analog mixer1
- Power cord1
- Mixing Capability
- Mixing Channels: 24 line inputs (16 mono and 4 stereo)
- Group: 4 Group Buses + ST Bus
- Aux: 6 Aux Sends + 2 FX sends
- Matrix: 1 Matrix out
- On-Board Processors: FX1:REV-X(8 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)/ FX2:SPX(16 PROGRAM, PARAMETER control)
- Mic Inputs: MIC: 16 (INPUTS HPF: 100Hz 12dB/oct)
- Phantom Power: 48V phantom power per channel
- Line Inputs: LINE: 16 mono + 4 stereo, CH INSERT: 16 RETURN: 1 stereo
- Digital I/O: USB device, iPod/iPhone
- THD0.02% (20Hz-20kHz@ +14dBu)
- Frequency+0.5/-1.0dB 20Hz - 20kHz, refer to the nominal output level @1kHz
- Hum & Noise Level
- EIN: -128dBu equivalent input noise
- Residual Output Noise: -92dBu residual output noise
- Crosstalk-74dB @ 1kHz
- Power Requirements100-240V 50Hz/60Hz
- Power Consumption86w max.
- Dimensions (WxHxD)32.2" x 6.7" x 22.2"
- Weight34.2 pounds