The principal appeal of the MMC4011 cardioid microphone capsule is its directional quality and attention to detail. This mic makes everything sounds like the original. The first-order cardioid pickup pattern provides superb separation between sound sources.
It is equally suitable for close-up work on acoustic guitar, grand piano, overheads, percussion, wind instruments and vocals as it is for spot-miking symphonies. It can handle incredibly high sound levels and even includes a 20 dB pad switch in the center of the XLR connector to attenuate the output of the microphone.
A flat on-axis frequency response and excellent phase response deliver a totally faithful reproduction of the original sound. The off-axis response is similarly smooth so that any leakage is an accurate reflection of the original, though attenuated according to the true first-order cardioid pickup pattern.
DPA MMC4011 Features
- Directional quality
- Cardioid polar pattern for superb separation between sound sources
- Handles incredibly high SPL
- 20dB pad switch in the center of the XLR connector
- Flat on-axis frequency response and excellent phase response
- Smooth off-axis response
- Ideal for close-up miking of acoustic guitar, grand piano, overheads, percussion, wind instruments, vocals, even spot-miking symphonies
- MMC4011 cardioid microphone capsule1