The MMC4018 supercardioid microphone capsule is part of the flexible d:dicate recording microphones series. The capsule has a highly directional supercardioid pickup pattern with a smooth and uniform off-axis frequency response.
The supercardioid shape is frequency independent, securing an identical sound color around the microphone. The usual rear lobe heard on most supercardioids is minimized on this capsule. This makes it much more isolated without sudden frequency dependent peaks and dips.
Designed for a broad range of long-distance broadcast, ENG and film miking applications, such as booming, dialogue, interview and table or podium use, the MMC4018 supercardioid microphone capsule offers superb flexibility through modular accessories. The mic is also ideal for use as a spot or hanging mic for orchestra recording situations.
DPA MMC4018 Features
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern is frequency independent
- Smooth and uniform off-axis frequency response
- Usual rear lobe heard on most supercardioids is minimized on this capsule
- Ideal for broadcast, ENG, film miking, and spot/hanging mic for orchestra recordings
- MMC4018 supercardioid microphone capsule1