The Audio-Technica’s AT8024 Stereo/Mono Camera-Mount Microphone is engineered to be a simple, powerful solution for capturing high-resolution audio for video applications. Packed with all the features you need to deliver outstanding audio recording the AT8024 mic is lightweight and versatile, making it easy to capture high-quality audio in almost any environment.
This mic includes a three-position adjustable attenuator (-20 dB, -10 dB, 0 dB) to capture sound passages without distortion, from subtle and quiet to extremely loud. Its switchable low-frequency roll-off ensures you capture the sound you want while reducing pick-up of undesired ambient noise, room reverberation, and mechanically coupled vibrations. It requires only a single AA battery to deliver high max SPL, and its design integrates a camera shoe mount that easily attaches to DSLRs and other shoe-equipped video cameras or camcorders.
The AT8024 offers two modes for enhanced flexibility: selectable line-cardioid mono mode focuses the recording on a single sound source, while internally matrixed mid-side stereo mode widens the field for outstanding sonic realism. No matter which mode you choose, the AT8024 is specifically designed for use with DSLR and other video camera types to deliver audio that is of distinctively better quality than that supplied by the camera’s internal microphone.
The AT8024 comes with a permanently-attached coiled cable with right-angle molded 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug at output end, as well as a red-and-green LED indicator to show whether it’s running or not, while its internal rubber shock mount helps further isolate the mic from vibrations and mechanical camera noise. Also included with this mic is a windscreen and fuzzy windscreen to protect it from wind sounds and vocal pops, as well as a AA battery.
Audio-Technica AT8024 Features
- Designed for use with DSLR and other video cameras
- Selectable line-cardioid mono or mid-side stereo modes
- Handles loud sound sources without distortion
- Three-position adjustable attenuator and switchable low-frequency roll-off
- Integral rubber shock mounts isolate the microphone from vibration and mechanical camera noise
- Compact, lightweight design with integral shoe mount
- Red/green LED power indicator
- AT8024 Stereo / Mono Camera-Mount Microphone1
- Fuzzy Windscreen1
- AA battery1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar PatternLine-cardioid, LR stereo
- Frequency Response40 Hz - 15 kHz
- Output Impedance50Ω
- Low Frequency Roll Off80 Hz, 12 dB/octave
- Open Circuit Sensitivity–37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa (Mono & LR Stereo)
- Maximum Input Sound Level128 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Dynamic Range
- Mono: 106 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL;
- Stereo: 104 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio
- Mono: 72 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa;
- Stereo: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Battery Type TypeOne 1.5V AA (included); Life: 80 hours, typical Battery Current/Life 80 hours typical
- Mono, M-S Stereo
- Three-position attenuator
- Flat, roll-off
- Weight4 oz (114 g)
- CablePermanently attached 0.2 m -1 m (7.8"- 39.3") coiled cable with right-angle molded 3.5 mm stereo mini-plug at output end
- Dimensions6.77 inches (172 mm) long, 0.94 inch (24 mm) maximum body diameter
- Output Connector3.5 mm stereo mini-plug on cable