The QL1 digital mixing console from Yamaha has a 16+2 fader configuration housed in a compact, rack-mountable unit. It provides 32 mono and 8 stereo mix channels, 16 mix and 8 matrix busses, and 16 in 8 out local I/O.
More about the QL Series
Yamaha’s QL series of digital mixing consoles takes several features of the CL series and packs them into a more compact mixing option. These features include the best of what the CL series had to offer: sonically superior internal processing capabilities, operation that effortlessly adapts to the demands of many working environments, and built-in Dante networking that facilitates flexible system configuration. These are just a few of the features that allow any QL console to offer all-in-one mixing, processing, and routing capability for small to medium-scale live sound, conferences, installations, and more.
Sound signature from any Yamaha device is known for reproduction that stays true to the source and the QL series is no different. Circuitry and components were carefully designed and selected to achieve sonic purity. Due to that solid foundation, the QL mixers can make the most of internal processors, such as the Portico 5033/5043 created together with Rupert Neve, so you can shape and create as required.
Large touch-panel displays and “Touch and Turn” knobs make working on a QL console a smooth and efficient process. Fader feel and channel name display visibility were also carefully considered to deliver a sophisticated operating feel. This state-of-the-art operating environment is further enhanced with remote control and offline setup capability via an iPad or computer.
The QL series consoles are equipped with expandable all-in-one support for any application. Already offering ample input and output capacity, the QL series offers the same Dante protocol that is featured in the CL consoles. An innovative “Port to Port” feature can patch any input port to any output port, allowing the QL console to function as a remote I/O device for another QL or CL console. Flexibility continues with 2-track and multitrack recording, and dual MY expansion slots.
Yamaha QL1 Features
- 16 + 2 fader configuration in a compact, rack mountable unit
- 32 mono, 8 stereo mix channels
- Mix channels: 32 mono, 8 stereo
- Busses: 16 mix, 8 matrix (Input to Matrix supported)
- Local I/O: 16 in, 8 out
- Dan Dugan automatic mixer built in
- Refined interface for intuitive control
- Touch and turn operation
- Faders designed for fit, feel, and visual feedback
- Selected channel controls for direct, instant access
- Comprehensive fader bank section
- Rack mountable with optional RK1 Rack Mount Kit
- QL1 digital console1
- Power cord1
- Nuendo Live software1
- Internal sampling frequency rate44.1kHz / 48kHz
- External sampling frequency rate44.1kHz / 48kHz (both +4.1667%, +0.1%, -0.1%, -4.0%; ±200ppm)
- Signal delayless than 2.5ms
- Fader100mm motorized
- THDless than 0.05%
- Frequency response20Hz - 20kHz (+0.5dB, -1.5dB)
- Dynamic range112dB typ
- Equivalent input noise-128dBu typ
- Residual output noise-88dBu
- Power requirements100-240V 50/60Hz
- Power consumption135W
- Dimensions (WxHxD)18.4" x 10.7" x 22.1"
- Weight32.4 pounds (14.7 kg)