The Radiator is a multi-faceted device that is used to break up high frequency sound energy and create a sense of air and space in any room. This make the Radiator perfect for studios and home theaters where you may want to eliminate flutter echo without over-deadening the room. The architecturally pleasing look also makes the Radiator perfect for improving intelligibility in any environment.
Yet this only one of the possibilities: Measuring just under 24? x 24?, the Radiator fits into standard T-Bar ceilings and is ideally suited to act as a portal between the room and the plenum to increase the sense of space by allowing acoustic energy to transition naturally between the two air spaces. This approach has been used for years by studio designers to enhance the sound of a room and create natural trailing reverb without the compressed sound of a small space.
The Radiator can also be used as a cloud: A series of carefully positioned mounting holes allow multiple Radiators to be ganged together with the supplied hardware to create ceiling arrays that can be suspended over the recording work space to help eliminate standing waves and powerful reflections. Finally, when combined with Broadway panels, a host of creative designs can be introduced to control the acoustic environment while introducing a sense of design and flair to the room.
A natural laminated wood finish and great looking dove-tail joints make the Radiator the perfect centerpiece to add spice to any room décor.
Primacoustic Radiator Features
- Multipurpose diffuser for walls and ceilings
- Breaks up and distributes high frequency energy
- Modular design with integral mounting system
- Introduces a sense of air and space into any room
- Radiator Open Grid Diffuser1
- Mounting hardware kit1
- Range565Hz to 2.2KHz
- Outer Frame MaterialBaltic Birch Plywood with locking dovetail corner joints. 0.5” (13mm) thick, Laquered natural wood finish
- Inner Cell MaterialBaltic Birch plywood 0.25” (6mm) thick. Laquered natural wood finish
- Outer Dimensions23.74x23.74x3” (603x603x76mm); Fits T-Bar drop ceiling grids
- Cell Dimensions2.64x2.64x3” (67x67x76mm)
- Weight8.2 lbs (3.7 kg)