Audio-Technica’s headworn microphones provide a sound solution that lets you free up your hands and make yourself mobile while speaking. Low-visibility headband and cushioned support pads seat the microphone comfortably and firmly on your head. Hypercardioid pattern of the microphone makes it ideal for focusing in on your voice while cutting out background noise. With highly intelligible voice reproduction, speakers and instrumentalists alike enjoy the comfortable and lightweight PRO 8HEx.
Sound quality excels in the PRO 8HEx. Desired sound source is isolated with the mic’s hypercardioid polar pattern providing a 100° angle of acceptance. Hi-ENERGY® neodymium element creates crisp articulate vocal reproduction. Windscreens are included with the microphone for additional sound isolation and minimization of pops and extra noise. As a dynamic microphone, phantom power is not required to operate this mic.
Comfort and ease of use is a key feature of a headworn microphone. Pivot-mounted flexible mic boom can be adjusted to be worn on the left or right side. Wear the headband around the back of the head for maximum stability and minimum visibility, with cushioned support pads resting near the ears. Rugged exterior and moisture protection help this mic stand up to the demands of travel and different environments.
Choose from different configurations of the PRO 8HEx that offer different cable lengths and different connectors. All cables are permanently attached miniature cables. Aside from the cable length and connectors, sound pattern and all other features of the microphone remain the same between these different configurations.
- 7.2' Cable
- 3-pin XLRM Connector
- 4.5' Cable
- Screw-down 4-pin connector for use with Audio-Technica cH-style bodypack wireless transmitters
- 4.5' Cable
- Locking 4-pin connector for use with Audio-Technica cW-style bodypack wireless transmitters
- 4.5' Cable
- 3.5mm connector for use with Audio-Technica PRO 88W bodypack wireless transmitters
Audio-Technica PRO8HEx Features
- Ideal for guitarists, keyboard players, drummers, and speakers
- Hi-ENERGY® neodymium element for articulate vocal reproduction
- Pivot-mounted flexible mic boom so mic can be worn on left or right side
- Hypercardioid polar pattern
- Low-visibility headband with cushioned support pads for stable comfortable fit
- PRO8HEx Hypercardioid Dynamic Headworn Microphone1
- AT8139L large windscreen1
- AT8139S small windscreen1
- AT8439 clothing clip1
- Two Year Limited End User Warranty1
- Transducer TypeDynamic
- Polar Pattern Hypercardioid
- Frequency Response 200 Hz - 18 kHz
- Impedance600 ohms
- Open Circuit Sensitivity -55 dB (1.7 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Weight 2.1 oz (60 g)
- Cable 7.2' (2.2 m) long, 0.11" (2.8 mm) diameter miniature audio cable permanently attached between microphone and XLRM-type connector
- Dimensions (Headset) 4.72" (120 mm) nominal at widest point, 3.17" (80.5 mm) flexible boom
- Dimensions (Microphone)0.8" (20.4 mm) diameter
- Output Connector 3-pin XLRM-type on cable (wired only)