The MicroWedge MW15 is collaboration between original MicroWedge Series inventor Dave “Rat” Levine (founder of Rat Sound Systems, Inc.) and the EAW Engineering Department, resulting in dramatically upgraded performance and ergonomics. The coaxial design pairs a 15-inch woofer with a 3-inch voice-coil compression driver to provide full yet controlled 90-degree conical dispersion.
All frequencies emanate from the exact same point, eliminating crossover region problems and time/phase irregularities, as well as optimizing coherency. The coaxial approach also contributes to a very compact, low-profile footprint.
MicroWedge MW15 monitors are processor enhanced (rather than processor dependant) for true “plug and play” operation. User selectable single-amp and bi-amp modes are provided. The large port on the front of the cabinet enhances LF response in coupling with the floor, and this port houses both the carrying handle and the passive/active mode switch. The port also contains dual input connectors, keeping them concealed and protected, and allowing wedges to be placed as close together as desired. Additional cable can be stored in the port without impacting LF performance.
Rubber feet on the bottom of the enclosure reduce abrasion, and new integral rigging hardware – also mounted on the enclosure bottom – facilitates easy flying. The Baltic birch cabinets are protected with EAW’s RoadCoat™ finish that’s extremely durable, and the rugged steel grille keeps its distinctive shape even when stood upon. All components are highly liquid tolerant – virtually impervious to spilled drinks as well as natural elements like rain.
EAW MW15 Features
- Highly coherent coaxial design (15-inch woofer)
- Enhanced fidelity and power handling
- Upgraded transducers and crossover design
- Switchable single-amp/bi-amp modes
- Convenient input connector location
- MW15 MicroWedge stage monitor1
- Frequency response62Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL140dB
- Operating mode
- Single-amp LF/HF; Bi-amp LF, HF
- High pass filter; DSP w/ 2-way filters
- LF: 15" cone, vented, coaxial with HF
- HF: 1x 1.4" exit, 3" voice coil compression driver, horn-loaded
- Power handling
- LF: 1000W @ 8ohms
- HF: 150W @ 8ohms
- Full range: 1000W @ 8ohms
- Nominal beamwidth90° horizontal, 90° vertical
- ConnectionsNL4 input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)14.1" x 20.37" x 24.17"
- Weight72.5 pounds (32.9 kg)