The Electro-Voice Zx3 is the new standard of no compromise audio perfomrance and versatility in a simple to use, compact package. The ZX3-60PI features a molded polymer enclosure that is inherently water resistant. The addition of a multilayer grille with hydrophobic cloth and a gland nut input connection allows for a highly weather resistant system.
At its heart are the transducers. First is the DVX3121 high performance low frequency transducer. EV used advanced computer aided design techniques to create forced air, directional voice coil cooling for high power and efficiency. Finite element analysis was used to optimize the suspension and magnetic structure for long, linear travel to provide low distortion and greater LF extension. These features and details, such as forged magnetic components and special materials, provide reliability with a 500W power rating in a lightweight transducer. Next is the ND2, a 2-inch voice coil compression driver based on neodymium motor structure to allow for maximum output while reducing size and weight to a minimum. Its precision phasing plug and titanium diaphragm provide better HF performance, while the integral heatsink provides cooling for high power output.
The high tech enclosure uses injection-molded high-impact polypropylene structural foam to make the Zx3 incredibly durable. The enclosure geometry elements have been carefully designed to provide maximum rigidity and bass response. By design the ZX3 is also a perfect solution for stage monitors by allowing two angles (45° or 55°) without any additional accessories.
The ZX3 is equipped with two anchor plates for rigging with single stud-fittings, along with two more possible anchor plate attachment points on the bottom. For permanent suspension or attaching brackets, the ZX3 also has two M8 inserts on the top and bottom, two under the handle, and one on the back of the enclosure, for a total of 7.
Electro-Voice ZX3-60PI Features
- DVX3121 12" LF transducer with forced air cooling
- ND2 2" voice coil, 1" exit neodymium compression driver
- 60° x 60° coverage pattern
- 600W continuous (2400W peak) power handling
- High sensitivity, 131 dB max. SPL
- Adjustable monitor angle (45° or 55°)
- 2 anchor plates for single stud fittings and 7 integral suspension points
- Passive/biamp selectable
- ZX3-60PI 12" 2-way weatherized passive speaker1
- Frequency Response (-3 dB)58Hz - 15,000Hz
- Frequency Range (-10 dB)48Hz - 20,000Hz
- Rec. Hipass Frequency50 Hz
- Axial Sensitivity97 dB (1W/1m)
- Max. Calculated SPL131 dB
- Coverage (HxV)60° x 60°
- Power Handling (passive)600W continuous, 2400W peak
- LF Power Handling (biamp)500W continuous, 2000W peak
- HF Power Handling (biamp)40W continuous, 160W peak
- LF TransducerDVX3121, 12" driver
- HF TransducerND2, 1" exit neodymium compression driver
- Crossover Frequency2,000Hz
- Nominal Impedance8 Ω
- Min. Impedance6.2 Ω
- Connectors(2) Conductor SJO Cable and Gland Nut
- Enclosure Materialpolypropylene structural foam
- Suspensionenclosure has locations for 4 single-stud attachment plates and 7 forged steel eyebolts - 2 on top, 2 on bottom, 2 on side, and 1 on rear of enclosure
- Grillepolyester powder coated, 16GA, galvanized steel, with rotatable logo
- Dimensions (HxWxD)24.14" x 15.64" x 14.26"
- Weight43.7 pounds