The JBL Control 25-1 is a two-way 5” speaker available in different colors. Known for its rich sonic character, wide coverage, consistent dispersion, versatile mounting, and contemporary design, the Control 25-1 is a great choice for any application requiring top-quality, high-output music or paging. The Control 25-1 is especially popular for retail applications, restaurants, gyms, theme parks, and schools.
Overall, the Control 25-1 has a natural sound character with an extremely smooth frequency response extending down to 60Hz for strong bass capability. The system is built to handle 100W continuous pink noise (200W program) on the 8ohm setting and has a built-in 30W 70V/100V multi-tap transformer for operating on distributed speaker lines. The Control 25-1’s combination of high sensitivity and power handling yields a maximum SPL of 110dB.
The LF driver in the Control 25-1 has a woven fiberglass cone to provide durability and weather-capable performance. High sensitivity and high power handling are ensured from the fiberglass voice coil former and high-temperature voice coil wire, both of which also help provide stable performance under extended high-power environments. Pure butyl rubber surround works to deliver a clean sound and robust performance. Cone geometry is optimized for smooth frequency response and consistent off-axis performance, while lower harmonic distortion is achieved with FEA-optimized motor construction. JBL’s WeatherEdge™ adds extra protection to critical transducer elements as a seamless rubberized extension of the woofer surround.
The HF driver has low viscosity ferromagnetic fluid to increase voice coil cooling and achieve higher long-term power handling. Smooth and pure high frequencies are provided from the softened PEI diaphragm, with extended high frequencies improved by the lightweight Kapton™.
Permanent installation is fast and convenient thanks to the unique InvisiBall mounting hardware offering a high degree of vertical and horizontal rotation. Adjusting the hardware is perfect for permanent installation: the grille never has to be removed since InvisiBall adjustments are accessed behind the logo badge.
JBL Control 25-1 Features
- Priced individually, sold in quantities of 2
- 5-¼" woofer with woven fiberglass cone
- 3/4" PEI diaphragm tweeter with fluid cooling
- Contemporary, high-design appearance
- Built-in InvisiBall® mounting hardware, plus available U-bracket
- Weather resistant enclosure and transducers
- Wide 100° x 100° coverage
- 100 Watt power handling (200 Watt program) in direct 8O setting, plus built-in 30 Watt 70V/100V multi-tap transformer.
- High fidelity sound character with broad frequency response of 60 Hz - 20 kHz.
- Control 25-1 Compact Multipurpose Speaker1
- InvisiBall™ wall-mounting system1
- 6 mm x 100 mm hex key1
- Frequency Response (-10dB)60 Hz to 20 kHz
- Frequency Response (±3 dB)85Hz - 17 kHz
- Power Rating200 W Continuous Program (2 hrs) 100 W (400W peak), Continuous Pink Noise (2 hrs) 75 W (300W peak) Continuous Pink Noise (100 hrs)
- Maximum Input Voltage25.3 V RMS (2 hrs), 50.6 V peak
- Maximum SPL (1m)110 dB ave. Continuous Pink Noise (116 dB peak)
- Sensitivity 90 dB, 1W/1m (ave. 100 Hz – 10 kHz)
- Coverage Angle100° x 100°
- Directivity Factor (Q) 6.04 (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Directivity Index (DI)7.6dB (averaged 1kHz – 16kHz)
- Impedance8 ohms (THRU setting)
- CrossoverType 2nd order low-pass, 3rd order high-pass
- Transformer Taps70V: 30W, 15W, 7.5W, 3.7W 100V: 30W, 15W, 7.5W Insertion Loss <0.94 dB at any tap setting Thru Setting: 8Ω nominal
- Recommended Protective High-Pass60 Hz high-pass (24 dB/oct) (for 8Ω operation and for all 70V/100V taps settings).
- LF: 135 mm (5.25 in), woven-fiberglass cone with pure butyl rubber surround with Weather-Edge frame protection, high-temp fiberglass voice coil former, high-temp voice coil wire, optimized cone geometry, linear suspension spider, and FEA optimized motor structure.
- HF: 19 mm (0.75 in) PEI diaphragm, low-viscosity ferro-magnetic fluid, and lightweight Kapton™ voice coil former.
- EnclosureHigh Impact Polystyrene (HIPS), painted with highly-UV resistant paint on white (-WH) version for maximum UV fade resistance.
- GrilleHighly zinc-plated, finished in durable TGIC polyester powdercoating. MTC-25WMG-1 (&-WH) available with WeatherMax™ multi-layer foam and tight-weave mesh vapor barrier backing.
- Mounting HardwareInvisiBall wall-mounting system included. Two 6 mm attachment points (on top and bottom) for optional MTC-25UB-1 (&-WH) U-bracket. Secondary safety attachment loop point on back panel.
- Outdoor CapabilityIP-44 per IEC529 (IP-55 when installed with the optional MTC-25WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille and either MTC-PC2 or MTC-PC3 panel cover.) Exceeds MilSpec 810 for humidity, salt-spray, temperature & UV. Passes MilStd-202F for salt spray and ASTM G85 for acid-air plus salt spray. Optional MTC-25WMG-1 WeatherMax™ grille for breaking up driving rain and for especially difficult environments.
- Input ConnectorsScrew-down terminal strip, zinc-plated copper based, nickel-plated metal screws and washers. Accepts up to 9 mm outside 4 mm inside open lugs (#6, #8, or #10 lug), plus bare wire (up to 12 AWG / 2.5 mm2). Optional MTC-PC2 and MTC-PC3 protective panel covers available to provide sealed entrance for additional weather protection.
- Safety AgencyROHS-compliant; Transformer UL Recognized per UL1876
- ColorsBlack (RAL9004) or white (-WH, RAL9016)
- Dimensions (H x W x D)9.6 x 7.4 x 5.7 inches (243 x 188 x 145 mm); 8 inches (203 mm) deep total when mounted on InvisiBall wall-mount bracket.
- Net Weight (each)7.5 lbs (3.4 kg)
- Shipping Weight18 lbs (8.16 kg) for the pair-pack (for 2 speakers)