Zoom’s U-44 audio interface provides everything you need for professional quality anywhere your work takes you. The 4-in/4-out audio interface uses the same preamps from Zoom’s popular H5 and H6 Handy Recorders, ensuring excellent sound quality. With this interface, you can connect to your PC, Mac, or iPhone/iPad via USB and start recording. U-44 delivers the same great sound as the U-24, with added features.
Sound quality is crystal clear in recording and playback with professional low-noise mic preamps in the U-44. Recording and playback are supported at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz. The interface can also be repurposed as a headphone amp for studio-grade listening.
Compatibility with Zoom’s Interchangeable Input Capsules (sold separately) gives you even more choices over your field recording setup and soundscape. Available capsules include X/Y, Shock Mount X/Y, Mid-Side, Shotgun, Stereo Shotgun, and Dual XLR/TRS Combo Input.
Advanced monitoring options in the U-44 let you dial in your perfect mix without latency, whether crafting a headphone mix during a live performance or balancing signals while DJing. Outputs can also be independently muted. When high-quality AD/DA conversion is a concern, use the U-44 in standalone mode for fully transparent conversion at 44.1 or 48 kHz sampling rate.
Streamline your recording process by connecting the U-24 to a wide variety of gear. Two combo inputs support connections to mics, keyboards, mixers, and more; both inputs can accept 48V of phantom power. MIDI input and output jacks, 1/4" output, RCA output, S/PDIF output, and a headphone output are also on the interface.
All the U-44’s functions are packed into an interface that can fit in the palm of your hand, perfect for mobile content creation. The U-44 can go even further when paired with Ableton Live Lite (included) or Steinberg Cubasis LE (free in the App Store).
Zoom U-44 Features
- Multi-channel and stereo USB audio interface for PC/Mac
- Connect to iPhone/iPad with Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit or Lightning-to-USB Camera Adapter (sold separately), plus 2 AA batteries or optional AC adapter for power
- Two mic/line inputs with high-performance mic preamps
- High-quality recording and playback at resolutions up to 24-bit/96 kHz
- Compatible with Zoom interchangeable input capsules via 10-pin connector
- Standalone AD/DA conversion
- Functions as a two-channel mic preamp with analog and digital outputs
- Approximately 4 hours of operation with 2 AA alkaline batteries
- U-44 handy audio interface1
- USB cable1
- Ableton Live Lite software download code1
- Total inputs2 (2 XLR/TRS combo jacks)
- Multi-track tecordingyes
- MIDI I/Oyes
- Sampling frequencies96 kHz, 88 kHz, 48 kHz, 44.1 kHz
- Phantom poweryes
- Zoom mic capsule inputno
- High performance mic preampsyes (2)