From corporate events to festivals, every aspect of the design has been targeted at making life easier for the live sound professional. From transducers and electronics to enclosure design and fitments, Redline is built to live in the working world of demanding clients, tight schedules and even tighter budgets.
The RL18S includes a complete on-board 1,000-watt electronics package mated to a highly-customized precision transducer engineered to meet the specific demands of the Redline family. In addition to signature EAW acoustical design, DynO™ algorithms optimize the power transfer from amplifiers to transducers to audience to optimize headroom and integrity of sound at maximum output. Push-button cardioid functionality (using two or more RL18S subwoofers) keeps low-frequency energy off the stage and on the audience, and a rear-panel LED mute keeps Redline invisible in aesthetically-sensitive situations.
The RL18S enclosure incorporates EAW’s signature SB enclosure rear angle to minimize input panel visibility in cardioid mode, integral road glove-ready wood handles and sleek but strong sculpted grilles on RoadCoat™ enclosures that can take a beating without showing it. In short, Redline is meant to be used – over and over.
EAW RL18S Features
- Custom-designed transducers and porting, signature EAW Focusing™ and DynO™ dynamic optimization processing
- 1,000 watts of Class-D Power Factor Corrected amplification
- Cardioid pattern can be generated in seconds with two button presses
- LED mute function, robust PowerCON® inlet and loop connectors
- Integral wooden handles, rugged grille and RoadCoat™ enclosure, pole cup, hyper-black front EAW logo
- 1x RL18S active subwoofer1
- Frequency response30 - 160 Hz
- Max SPL133dB (half space)
- Operating modesingle amp-VLF
- Subsystem1x 18", 4" voice coil cone
- Nominal beamwidthhorizontal 360°, vertical 360°
- Power handling1000W @ 8ohms
- ConnectionsNeutrik powerCON, XLR input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)19.91" x 24.84" x 33"
- Weight89 pounds (40 kg)