The new VFR “i” revision brings the VF concept more fully into the EAW product line. VFR “i” Series black versions provide a handle designed into the rear of the cabinet. An installation only white version comes without handles or a pole mount cup.
The VFR89i two-way, full range loudspeaker system includes a direct radiating, vented, 8-in LF cone transducer and a 1-in exit / 1.25-in voice coil HF compression driver loaded with a large, square, user-rotatable 90×50 coverage pattern horn built on the classic MK Series horns. These horns deliver exceptional high frequency dispersion,and their square shape lets users “rotate the enclosure around the horn” to maintain directivity in a horizontal configuration.
Because VF Series full range systems (VFR/VFM) use HF sections similar to those developed for the MK Series, EAW engineers could employ the same revolutionary “beamwidth-matching” internal passive crossover/filter networks that set the MK Series apart from all other two-way systems. If powered by an EAW-specified amplifier or via a UX Series digital signal processor, the VFR89i can enjoy the benefits of EAW Focusing, a technology that eliminates the anomalies inherent in the time domain of any loudspeaker.
The VFR89i black version includes traditional portable features such as a pole-mount cup, parallel NL4 4-terminal connector, barrier strip connector and an optional transformer. The white, installation only versions omit handles and the pole-mount cup but include NL4 connector, barrier strip connector, an optional transformer, and multiple mounting points. The new design leaves the enclosure sides completely smooth and attractive.
EAW VFR89i Features
- Two-way, full range loudspeakers
- Beamwidth-matching crossover point
- User-rotatable horn for optimized pattern control
- Easy lift handle (black version only)
- VFR89i 2-way passive speaker1
- Frequency response70Hz - 20kHz
- Max SPL130dB
- Operating modesingle-amp LF/HF
- SubsystemLF 1x 8" cone; HF 1x 1" exit, 1.25" voice coil compression driver
- Nominal beamwidth90° horizontal x 50° vertical
- Power handlingfull range passive 325W @ 8ohms
- Connectionsbarrier strip, NL4 input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)16.1" x 10.1" x 9.8"
- Weight22 pounds (10 kg)