The RU-ADA4D is a four channel stereo audio distribution amplifier with input and output gain adjustments and input level metering. The module may be operated in mono to provide up to eight distributed mono signals. The inputs and outputs are connected on rear-panel detachable terminal blocks.
Each of the two line level inputs accepts either a balanced or an unbalanced signal. Each input is equipped with a front panel INPUT GAIN trimmer. Input signal levels between -14 dBV unbalanced and +9 dBu balanced may be set to the proper operating level as indicated by a dual-LED VU meter. This assures ample headroom at all normal operating levels. The maximum input level is + 25 dBu.
A rear-panel switch selects between stereo and mono operation. In the mono position, input A (left) is used to drive all 8 output channels. When the module is used in a monaural system, only input A must be wired.
The RU-ADA4D offers exceptional headroom, very low distortion, excellent crosstalk isolation, wide flat frequency response and extremely low noise with very high common-mode signal rejection. It provides exceptional audio performance for the most critical applications in a professional audio environment.
The RU-ADA4D operates from 24 Vdc connected through a rear-panel detachable terminal block.
RDL RU-ADA4D Features
- Stereo Audio Distribution with 4 Outputs
- Mono Audio Distribution with 8 Outputs
- Front-Panel Input Level Trimmers
- Dual-LED VU Meter for Each Input Channel
- Front-Panel Output Level Trimmers
- Inputs and Outputs on Rear Panel Detachable Terminal Blocks
- Exceptional Audio Quality for the Most Demanding Applications
- RU-ADA4D Audio Distribution Amplifier1
- Inputs (2)Stereo (A/left and B/right) on detachable terminal block
- Input Impedance20 kΩ balanced or 10 kΩ unbalanced
- Input Level+4 dBu balanced (nominal), +25 dBu maximum; -10 dBV unbalanced
- Input Gain Adjustments (2)-5 dB to +15 dB (rel. +4 dBu balanced); -3 dB to +17 dB (rel. -10 dBV unbalanced)
- Input Metering (2)Dual-LED VU Meter for Input A and Input B
- Mono modeRear-panel switch-selectable (input A feeds all 16 outputs)
- Outputs (16)Stereo, A (8), B (8) on detachable terminal blocks
- Output Impedance150Ω balanced; 75Ω unbalanced
- Output Level+4 dBu balanced (nominal), +24 dBu maximum; -10 dBV unbalanced
- Output Level Adjustments (16)-9 dB to +6 dB (rel. +4 dBu, balanced); -3 dB to + 12 dBu (rel. -10 dBV, unbalanced)
- Frequency Response10 Hz to 165 kHz (+/- 0.25 dB); 10 Hz to 35 kHz (+/- 0.01 dB)
- THD+N< 0.0025% (20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Headroom> 20 dB (above +4 dBu input or output)
- Noise< -92 dB (below +4 dBu output, 20 Hz to 20 kHz)
- Crosstalk< -85 dB (20 Hz to 1 kHz); <-70 dB (1 kHz to 20 kHz)
- CMRR> 90 dB (100 Hz)
- Ambient Operating Environment0° C to 50° C
- Power RequirementGROUND REFERENCED, 24 Vdc @ 140 mA (idle, nominal), 170 mA (max.)
- Case dimensions5.75" (14.6 cm)W x 1.65" (4.18 cm)H x 3.54" (9.0 cm)D; 3.9" (9.9 cm)D with connectors
- Package Dimensions6x6x2.625"
- Shipping Weight1.585 lbs.
- WEEE weight1.34 lbs.