The MK8196i two-way loudspeaker system sets the new standard in installation performance by solving the chronic problems of compact two-way loudspeakers. Yet it’s size is actually smaller than many of the compact two-ways it outperforms. The HF horn loading the 1-in exit/1.5-in voice coil compression driver is larger than most traditional compact two-way horns. This extends pattern control lower into the midrange than would otherwise be possible and allows the horn’s pattern to overlap the woofer’s pattern in the critical crossover area.
Advanced beamwidth matching crossover point selection transitions between the subsystems exactly where the HF horn’s 90° (h) x 60° (v) coverage pattern matches the woofer’s pattern. This eliminates the beamwidth mismatch that creates off-axis voids in the crossover area of traditional two-way systems.
The internal passive crossover/filter network uses complex, asymmetrical slopes to integrate the subsystems and goes beyond merely dividing the signal to perform critical equalization functions.
EAW MK8196i Features
- System includes an 8-in woofer and a 1-in exit/1.5-in voice coil compression driver on a 90° x 60° CD horn
- Internal passive crossover/filter network allows powering by a single amp channel while smoothing power response
- Beamwidth optimized crossover points eliminate off-axis voids through crossover
- User-rotatable horn lets you “rotate the enclosure around the horn” to mount them vertically or horizontally
- MK8196i 2-way passive speaker1
- Frequency response60Hz - 18kHz
- Max SPL132dB
- Operating mode
- Amplifier channels: single-amp LF/HF
- External signal processing: high pass filter; DSP w/2-way filters
- LF: 1x 8" cone
- HF: 1x 1" exit/1.5" voice coil compression driver on CD horn
- Nominal beamwidth90° horizontal, 60° vertical
- Power handling (full range)300W @ 8ohms
- Connectionsbarrier strip, NL4 input/loop
- Dimensions (HxWxD)19.75" x 11.75" x 11.03"
- Weight31 pounds (14.1 kg)