Capture pristine audio and the perfect shot in one take with the DR-10L from Tascam. This ultra-compact, incredibly portable digital audio recorder with a dedicated lavalier microphone delivers the ideal combination of features for creative filmmaking, stage performances, live events, location recording, and other videography uses. Low-profile and lightweight, the DR-10L can be inconspicuously positioned, removing the need for booms, wires, or expensive wireless systems.
Designed to tackle the challenges of recording, the DR-10L comes with functions to help streamline and problem-solve as you work, so you can capture every sound—loud or quiet—with equal clarity. The DR-10L boasts a sensitivity of – 2 dBV/Pa and 115 dB max SPL.
Several features prevent audio distortion such as volume jumps, including Dual Recording which captures a copy of your signal at a lower level. Choose from 5 gain levels or use the automatic level function to increase or decrease volume. The limiter function prevents distortion caused by sudden input overloads.
Keep easy visual tabs on your work with the easy-to-read OLED display. This display shows the status of the battery level, recording, and level meter. The DR-10L comes with a headphones output. Plugging in headphones allows you to check recorded data right away or monitor input during filming. Keep in mind that, while you can connect stereo headphones, you’ll hear the same signal through both sides since the DR-10L records in mono.
Record high-quality audio at 44.1 kHz or 48 kHz and 16/24 bit. The DR-10L records in WAV/BWF recording format, selectable from mono or poly (Note: stereo file with the same data on both left and right channels). The firmware V2.0 and later updates also offer MP3 recording at both 128 kbit/s and 192 kbit/s. Organize saved files using user-defined characters or the date.
With a battery life of up to 10 hours of continuous use, you can film with confidence using a single AAA alkaline battery. A disposable lithium battery (which extends the operation time to 15 hours) or rechargeable NiMH batteries can also be used. (Batteries are sold separately; battery life varies depending on battery type). If headphones are connected, operation time decreases. You can monitor the current battery level using the DR-10L’s OLED display. If the battery runs out mid-recording, the unit automatically saves the file so you won’t lose your work.
The DR-10L’s wired lavalier mic is affixed using a 1/8” screw-down lock connector to ensure secure and confident recording. This connector is compatible with most Sennheiser lavalier mics or other brands that use the same connector. The DR-10L comes with a durable clip that lets you attach it to a belt or clothing. Also included is a free full version of iZotope’s RX Elements, a groundbreaking tool for audio repair and noise reduction.
TASCAM DR-10L Features
- 44.1kHz/48kHz, 16/24-bit linear PCM mono/poly recording
- Supports WAV format (compatible with BWF format)
- Media: microSD/SDHC cards (supports 32GB capacities)
- Lavalier microphone with microphone clip and windscreen included (cable length: 160cm)
- Sliding record switch and hold function to prevent misoperation during recording
- Dual recording function
- Automatic file closing function to prevent the loss of already recorded data
- Low/Mid Low/Mid/High/High plus recording level settings
- Low-cut filter
- Automatic level function
- Built-in clock function, supports BWF files with included time information - convenient for editing and searching
- Time track incrementing function can create new files at regular intervals (about every 15 minutes) during recording
- Playback function allows recorded data to be checked immediately
- Headphone output
- Easy-to-read organic EL display
- micro USB B port enables easy data exchange with computers
- Records at least 10 hours on a single AAA battery * using alkaline batteries (EVOLTA)
- Unit settings can be created as a computer text file
- Firmware can be updated using a microSD card
- RoHS-compliant product
- DR-10L digital audio recorder1
- Lavalier microphone1
- Microphone clip1
- USB cable (A type-micro B type)1
- Belt clip1
- Carrying case1
- Recording Media
- microSD card (64MB to 2GB)
- microSDHC card (4GB to 32GB)
- Media DischargingPush-Push type (Guard cover mounted)
- Recording Format
- WAV: 44.1k/48k Hz, 16/24-bit mono/poly WAV (BWF format)
- WAV: 44.1k/48k Hz, 16/24-bit mono/poly (BWF format)
- MP3: 44.1k/48k Hz, 24-bit mono/poly
- Recording: 128k/192k bps
- Playback: 32k to 320k bps
- Analog Audio Inputs
- Connector: 1/8" (3.5mm) TRS jack with screw lock
- Microphone Sensitivity: –42dBV/Pa
- Max Input Sound Pressure: 115 dB SPL
- Max Input Level: –15dBu (Gain L)
- Min. Input Level: –55dBu (Gain H+)
- Mic Input Gain: +14dB to +38dB
- Input Impedance: 33kΩ (Mic bias off)/ 2kΩ (Mic bias on)
- Phones Connector1/8" (3.5mm) stereo mini jack (Dual Mono Output)
- Connector: Micro-B type 4pin
- Protocol: USB2.0 HIGH SPEED mass storage class
- Power1 AAA battery (Alkaline battery/ Ni-MH battery / Lithium battery), USB bus power
- Power Consumption0.45 W
- Battery Operation Time
- WAV, 48kHz, 24-bit Rec, without headphones, limiter: OFF , Dual Rec: OFF, JEITA Rec (all times are approximate)
- Alkaline Battery (EVOLTA): 10 hours
- Ni-MH Battery (eneloop): 8 hours
- Lithium Battery (Energizer Ultimate Lithium): 15.5 hours
- Battery (RTC)Lithium × 1(built in with soldering)
- Operating Temperature32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Dimensions (WxHxD)2.05" x 2.19" x 0.96"
- Weight2.2 oz (with battery)