With tens of thousands of units sold since their introduction in 2011, ShoW Baby plug and play transceivers set the standard for ease of use and reliability at an affordable price point. The addition of Multiverse radio technology enhances the performance even more.
City Theatrical’s new Multiverse® SHoW Baby® is a wireless DMX transceiver that delivers breakthrough plug and play wireless DMX and RDM transmission. In its default mode, it works like any other SHoW Baby 6 Transceiver, with six user selectable SHoW IDs. By connecting an RDM controller, like DMXcat® Multi Function Test Tool, all of the revolutionary new 2.4GHz Multiverse SHoW IDs are accessible.
Right out of the box, Multiverse SHoW Baby is fully compatible with all legacy SHoW DMX SHoW Baby® systems. Use it to build new single universe Multiverse systems, or use Multiverse SHoW Baby as a receiver on multiple universe systems with a Multiverse Transmitter.
City Theatrical Multiverse SHoW Baby Features
- Full compatibility with all previous SHoW Babys right out of the box
- Instant plug-and-play configuration: For a Transmitter, connect DMX IN, for a Receiver, don’t!
- Multiverse 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum (FHSS) Radio
- Wirelessly broadcast and receive a full Universe (512 slots) of DMX
- Robust wireless DMX512 and RDM data transmission
- Six user selectable SHoW IDs accessible on the “SET ID” button, plus 147 Multiverse and 70 SHoW DMX Neo SHoW IDs accessible via RDM
- Extremely low 4mS latency
- RDM proxy and responder functions
- Mounting bracket for installation with C-Clamp or similar hanging hardware
- Neutrik® 5P XLR Connectors for DMX IN and DMX OUT
- Multiverse SHoW Baby wireless DMX transceiver1
- CL2 power supply1
- 2dBi omnidirectional antenna1
- Hanging bracket1
- Max concurrent universes1
- Frequency range2400 - 2480 MHz
- Connection specifications
- DC Jack, 5.5mm x 2.1mm barrel, center positive, 9mm mating depth (this power supply connector is not compatible with Multiverse Node)
- Neutrik® 5-Pin XLR connectors for DMX512 IN and OUT/thru ports
- RP-SMA female antenna connector
- USB Type-A port, internal (requires removing cover and circuit board)
- Input power5-30VDC, 0.8W
- Max draw66mA max draw at 12V
- AC adapter voltage100VAC to 240VAC 50/60Hz
- Latency4 ms average
- RF sensitivity-95dBm
- Loss of data behavioroutput stops
- Broadcast power2.5mW, 8mW, 25mW, 80mW EIRP
- Broadcast modesadaptive, full, low, mid, high, max
- DMX burst modesauto dynamic
- Show IDs217
- IP ratingIP50
- ComplianceFCC, IC, CE, ARIB, RoHS
- Dimensions (LxWxH)3.625" x 3" x 1.8"
- Constructionsteel, ABS plastic