The Radial J-Iso™ is a stereo line isolator designed to convert a professional +4dB line level balanced signal to an unbalanced -10dB consumer level device. This enables you to take the balanced output of a mixer and feed a consumer level recorder or audio input on a computer.
The passive design begins with 100% discrete components throughout. A "set and forget" level control lets you attenuate the input signal to prevent it from overloading the destination device. Output connections include a stereo pair of 1/4" connectors, a set of RCAs and a mini 3.5mm (1/8") for interfacing to a mini recorder or lap-top computer. Transformer isolation helps eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops while eliminating stray DC currents from flowing. Construction begins with 14 gauge steel throughout utilizing Radial's unique bookend construction. This creates a protective zone around the connectors and controls for added durability. The steel construction also assists by shielding the transformers from outside magnetic fields. Inside, the J-Iso features an innovative I-beam skeletal insert that makes it virtually impossible to torque the PC board. This reduces potential stress which could cause premature solder joint failure.
Radial J-Iso Features
- Converts balanced line level signals to unbalanced
- Stereo signal path with set & forget level control
- Transformer isolated to eliminate hum & buzz
- J-Iso features Jensen™ transformers for optimal signal path
- J-Iso stereo +4dB to -10dB isolator/converter1
- Frequency Response10Hz to 50,000Hz +/-1dB
- THD @ 1k0.001%
- Stereo InputsBalanced, low-Z, +4dB line-level, 600-Ohm, female XLR, pin-2 hot
- OutputsUnbalanced, high-Z, -10dB line-level RCA, ¼”, and 3.5mm TRS
- Powernone, completely passive
- Dimensions3.25" x 5" x 1.88"
- Weight2 pounds