TASCAM's HS-P82 offers 8 tracks of the highest quality recording, yet it's built for the rigors of location recording with reliable solid-state performance. The HS-P82 is built for location television and film production audio, with eight microphone inputs for big shoots or reality programs.
Audio is recorded at up to 192kHz/24-bit WAV format to a pair of Compact Flash cards. This solid state media is completely reliable with no moving parts, and you can record to both cards simultaneously for extra security (card-mirroring). The Broadcast WAV files include iXML metadata for quick import into nearly any video or audio editing system, either via the USB 2.0 connection or a standard card reader.
For multi-microphone music or surround effects recording, the HS-P82 includes Mid-Side decoding – either recorded to the track or only for monitoring & playback. Microphone gain settings can be ganged together for input level control or fades, and inputs automatically mute when the gain is moved to its minimum setting.
TASCAM also provides firmware upgrades for products from time to time. The latest upgrade - V1.20 – provides the ability to rename takes and automatically start and pause recording in response to the state of an external timecode signal.
The HS-P82 offers several options for power. It runs on either NP batteries or AA, an included AC adapter, external DC input or a V-mount adapter for Endura batteries. An internal slate microphone is available for naming takes. Functions like a 5-second pre-record buffer, front panel lockout and headphone output alert signal further inspire confidence.
For high-resolution music recording, a set of AES/EBU connectors is available for attaching pedigree A/D converters and preamplifiers. SMPTE timecode in and out, video and word sync are provided. All of this is controlled from a color touchscreen interface which makes operation fast and simple.
Tascam HS-P82 Features
- Dual Compact Flash recording media supports backup and mirroring
- Long battery life through low power usage
- Easy to read and operate using pivoting TFT Color Touch Panel interface
- All-aluminum chassis is rugged yet lightweight
- 8-track recording plus stereo mix for a total of 10-track recording
- 8-track recording at up to 96kHz/24-bit
- 4-track recording at 192kHz/24-bit
- Broadcast WAV (BWF) support with iXML metadata
- Take renaming function
- Various power options include NP type, AC adaptor (included), external DC input (XLR 4-pin) and optional V-mount adaptor for ENDURA batteries. (A 10x AA battery tray is included - useful for short-term emergency operation in case of external power failure while recording)
- Up to 5-second pre-record buffer
- Internal microphone for slate recording
- HS-P82 8-Track Pro Field Recorder1
- 2GB SD card1
- AA batteries
- USB cable1
- Records44.1kHz/16-bit WAV files
- Playback 16 or 24-bit WAV files or MP3 files