The MPS‑488HP IntelligentDC power supply delivers power and balanced audio to up to eight Meyer Sound loudspeakers that require an external DC power supply. Housed in a 1RU, standard 19-inch rack mount enclosure, the MPS‑488HP can be used with a number of products that feature IntelligentDC technology, such as the MM‑4XP miniature loudspeaker, the MM‑10XP miniature subwoofer, or the HMS‑10 surround loudspeaker.
Meyer Sound's externally powered loudspeakers are equipped with onboard amplification and signal-processing circuits that store DC power and tolerate voltage drops (up to 30 percent), thereby accommodating light-gauge cables and lengthy cable runs. Powering loudspeakers from an external source eliminates the need for wiring conduits while still preserving the advantages of self-powered systems.
Meyer MPS-488HP Features
- Power multiple Meyer Sound loudspeakers that require a 48 V DC external power supply
- Route DC power and balanced audio to loudspeakers with single, composite cables
- Channel outputs available as either Phoenix 5-pin male or EN3 5-pin female
- Front panel LEDs provide system feedback on voltage and load current levels
- Remote monitoring of output voltage and load current parameters with RMS (a factory-installed option)