The JBL Control 68HP full-range two-way pendant loudspeaker provides high output, high power handling, superior clarity and consistent coverage in rooms with open-architecture ceilings, live spaces and other locations where a pendant loudspeaker is desired. Common applications include retail, hospitality spaces, fitness centers, convention centers, exhibit spaces, conference rooms, atriums, museums and transit centers.
Control 68HP features a 209mm (8-inch) low-frequency driver with a Kevlar-reinforced cone and a 50mm (2-inch) voice coil with fiberglass voice coil former for superior power performance and long-term reliability. A coaxially-mounted 25mm (1-inch) compression driver features a titanium dome with damped resonance and a Kapton voice coil former for enhanced long-term fidelity and output capability.
A 68-watt multi-tap transformer is included for use on 70V/100V distributed loudspeaker lines and is switchable for 8-ohm direct operation. And, its 110° constant-directivity dispersion pattern allows for the use of fewer speakers, reducing the cost of the installed system without sacrificing performance.
Installation is fast and easy with Control 68HP’s secure mounting system. Two complete hanging cable systems are included, providing both main and safety suspension cables. Suspension height is infinitely adjustable using the included 4.5-meter high-tensile galvanized steel wire rope with spring clips and UL listed cable fasteners.
JBL Control 68HP Features
- Coaxial design featuring: 209 mm (8 in) Kevlar™ reinforced woofer with 50 mm (2 in) voice coil, 25 mm (1.0 in) titanium-dome compression driver
- High power capability of 250 Watts (1000W peak) and high SPL of 114 dB (120 dB peak)
- Hanging hardware with 4.5 m (15 foot) galvanized steel cable and easy to adjust clamp
- Stylish design available in black or white
- UL listed speaker and hanging cable system
- 8 ohm and 70V/100V operation
- Extremely consistent constant-directivity 110° conical coverage
- Control 68HP 8-Inch Pendant Speaker1
- Suspension cable systems2
- 2-pin removable locking euro-block connectors2
- Rubber covers for euro-block connectors2
- Frequency Range (-10dB) 52 Hz - 17 kHz
- Frequency Response (+/-3 dB) 72 Hz - 16 kHz
- Power Rating
- 150 Watts Continuous Pink Noise Power (600 Watts peak, 100 hrs)
- 250 Watts Continuous Pink Noise Power (1000 Watts peak, 2 hrs)
- 500 Watts Continuous Program Power (2 hr)
- Sensitivity 90 dB
- Maximum SPL 114 dB continuous pink noise, 120 dB peak
- Nominal Coverage 110° conical (+30° / -30°)
- Directivity Factor (Q) 7.8
- Directivity Index (DI) 8.9 dB
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω
- Transformer Taps
- 70V: 68W, 34W, 17W, & 8.5W
- 100V: 68W, 34W, 17W
- 209 mm (8 in) Kevlar(tm) reinforced cone, 50 mm (2 in) CCAW voice coil on fiberglass voice coil former
- 25 mm (1.0 in) compression driver, titanium dome, ferrite magnet assembly, Kapton(tm) voice coil former, CCAW voice coil on fiberglass voice coil former
- Terminals Two removable locking euro-block 2-pin connectors with screwdown terminals for bare wire. Connectors paralleled for input and loop-thru. Max. wire 12 AWG (2.5 mm2). Rubber terminal covers included.
- Enclosure Material High impact polystyrene
- Color Black or white
- Dimensions 333 mm (13.1 in) diameter x 344 mm (13.6 in) height to top of cabinet. 369 mm (14.5 in) to top of suspension bracket
- Net Weight 7.5 kg (16.5 lbs)
- Shipping Weight17.2 kg (38 lbs)