The TLM 107 is a reference class microphone for vocals and instruments with breathtaking realism. Five polar patterns plus variable pad and low cut settings make the TLM 107 exceptionally flexible. And with a dynamic range of 131 dB the TLM 107 captures anything from a slight whisper to massive drums without unwanted noise or distortion. Choose this microphone in black or nickel finish.
This dual diaphragm condenser capsule was specially designed for the TLM 107 to offer outstanding transient response and an extended, carefully balanced frequency response for all polar patterns. That design lets you adjust the directional pattern according to the recording situation without affecting the overall sound balance. The stylish navigation toggle on the back of the microphone is a joy to use as it controls all settings in one place: pad (0/–6 /–12 dB), low cut (lin/40 Hz/100 Hz) and polar patterns (omni/wide cardioid/cardioid/hypercardioid/figure-8).
Operating with a transformerless circuit ensures an open, transparent sound and a full, unrestricted bass transmission, even at highest levels. Two low cut settings are available to reduce rumble and compensate for the proximity effect in close miking situations. Even without engaging the two pad settings, the TLM 107 can handle enormous sound pressure levels of up to 141 dB without clipping (up to 153 dB with preattenuation). The TLM 107 has a self-noise of only 10 dB-A, much lower than the ambient noise in a very quiet recording studio.
Primarily designed for small studios, the TLM 107s no-compromise sound quality means it can also be used for high-end professional applications including broadcast and classical recordings. The TLM 107 is an extremely versatile workhorse microphone for a wide range of instruments, such as acoustic and electric guitar, piano, upright bass, drums and percussion; it is also an outstanding vocal microphone.
Neumann TLM 107 Studio Set Features
- State of the art large diaphragm microphone
- Versatile studio workhorse for vocals and instruments
- Extremely flexible: 5 polar patterns, multiple pad and low cut options
- Transformerless circuitry for ultra-transparent sound
- Extremely low self-noise
- Distortion-free even at highest sound pressure levels
- Outstanding transient response
- TLM 107 multi-pattern studio condenser microphone1
- Shock mount1
- Transducer TypeCondenser
- Polar Patterns (selectable)Cardioid, Wide Angle Cardioid, Hypercardioid, Figure-8, Omnidirectional
- Frequency Range20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Rated Output Impedance50 ohms
- Sensitivity at 1kHz into 1kΩ11 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level, CCIR22 dB
- Equivalent Noise Level, A-Weighted10 dB-A
- Max. SPL for THD 0.5%141 dB
- Max. SPL for THD <0.5% with preattenuation -6dB147 dB
- Max. SPL for THD <0.5% with preattenuation -12dB153 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio, CCIR (re. 94 dB SPL)72 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio, A-Weighted (re. 94 dB SPL)84 dB
- Max. Output Voltage10dBu
- Supply Voltage (P48, IEC 61938)48 V ± 4 V
- Current Consumption (P48, IEC 61938)3.2 mA
- Matching ConnectorXLR 3 F
- Weight15.7 oz
- Dimensions2.52" diameter x 5.71" length