With the new PRO MEDIA DI/ PLI-04, Palmer introduces a DI-box, produced with the discerning needs of the computer-age media in mind. Using this uncomplicated method, personal computers and other consumer equipment with unbalanced outputs can be converted to balanced, in order to carry out a presentation over a professional PA system for example.
The PLI-04 accommodates all the common input types, TRS jacks accepting mono or stereo plugs, RCA phono sockets and a 3.5mm stereo jack input for use with the headphone output of a laptop or similar device. The outputs are conventional transformer balanced XLR sockets, as used in professional PA systems, guaranteeing an electrically decoupled signal, a prerequisite to ensure noise-free operation.
Although the PLI-04 is primarily a stereo unit, it can be switched to mono, with the two stereo signals summed and fed to both XLR outputs. The PLI-04 manifests a mechanically robust unit combined with outstanding technical specifications, adding to the list of high quality products that have come to be expected from Palmer.
Palmer LI 04 Features
- Convert unbalanced outputs from personal computers and other consumer equipment to balanced
- Accommodates common input types
- Outputs are conventional transformer balanced XLR sockets
- Stereo unit, can be switched to mono
- Powder coated sheet steel construction
- LI 04 2-channel media DI box for PC and laptop1
- Product type line isolators
- Channels 2
- Inputs 5
- Input connectors 3.5mm TRS, 6.3mm jack, RCA
- Input type unbalanced
- Input impedance 6k Ohms (at 600 ohms load)
- Max input level +6dBu
- Outputs 2
- Output connectors XLR
- Output type balanced
- Output impedance 600 Ohms
- Max output level +6dBu
- Transformer balanced yes
- Ratio 3.16: 1
- Frequency response 20 - 20,000Hz
- Controls ground lift, mono/stereo
- Dimensions (WxDxH) 5.59x3.74x1.81"
- Weight 1.54 lbs (0.69 kg)